8

Tamera
Six months later..
I currently have my head down on my desk with my office door closed. It's that time again where there are no big events coming up, everything is running smoothly and I have more time on my hands.

Which means I should and could be writing a book. Many people are waiting for the third installment in my series. My first two books did extremely well. The book tours were amazing, I love getting to geek out and talk about romance and fictional characters with likeminded people.

There are mainly women who come out to see me when I go on tour but I prefer it that way. We gush about men and our favorite characters as we sip on some wine. It feels like a get together with all your girlfriends.

That's how I see my readers, as my friends. They email me all the time or post to my social media pages. I love being an author, except for times like right now. I am currently experiencing writers block.

A knocks sounds at my door and I let whoever it is know that they can come in. The door opens and it's Kay. "Hey girl, why do you look like you have to write a ten page essay that's due tonight" I sigh. "That's what it feels like, I have writers block" she pulls a chair up to my desk.

"How come?" She asks me. "I don't know" I say back. "I don't see how you can when you have a fine ass man who grants your every command" I roll my eyes. "He does not and he is not my man for the hundredth time" she is so annoying.

"Girl please if you asked for ice cream at three in the morning he would run right over just to scoop it out from the carton in your freezer for you" she exaggerates. I blow out a breath.

"I don't blame you, he is fine and in love with you" I rub my forehead. "Kay please, stop" she blows out a breath of her own. "You stop. Stop acting like you don't see it" "I don't" I shout at her. "That's because you refuse to and that is all on you" I rub my temples she is going to give me a headache.

"Don't act like I'm giving you no damn headache. Anyway, back to your book. You wrote the first two about him while he was gone, he has been back for almost eight months. You have the inspiration right in front of you now so why can't you right?"

I sigh not wanting to tell the truth but knowing I can't lie to her if I tried. "I can't write anything but sex chapters" she breaks out into a huge smile and I instantly regret telling her.

"I knew it, you finally let him hit that didn't you" I groan "no kay damn, it's just ever since that night I can't write about anything else" she looks at me like I'm dumb. "So then keep writing them, you always need some good sex chapters. Maybe you should have the real thing.."

I roll my eyes. "Of course that's the only solution right" she sucks her teeth "I am just trying to help." I know she is even if it is in her own crazy way. "Speaking of that night, has it happened again?" She asks.

"No, I think he regretted it. Which is fine because it shouldn't have happened in the first place. We were both a little tipsy and it just happened. I have forgiven him for what he did and we have gotten pass it. We have been working on our friendship and it's starting to feel like old times."

"Does that mean those old feelings are coming back?" I sigh again wanting not to go there. "Occasionally but I shut myself down before I let my feelings get out of hand" it's her turn to sigh. "I know you forgave him but you haven't let all those feelings go. I wish you would let that man love you like everyone else knows he will" she tells me and leaves me alone in the office to think.

My mind wonders back to that night that fuels the chapters I have been writing.

Two months ago..
"What? That was you?" I ask Rio as we sit on the sofa in the living room laughing and having drinks. He just admitted to me that he was the one that spiked the punch at every single dance.