3

Tamera
So much for getting some sleep. Last night I barely got 3 hours of sleep. I kept replaying what happened not even 12 hours ago over and over again in my head. Why does he want my help? Where the hell has he been all this time? How did he know where I live? Not even that but how the hell did he get in? I need a security system installed. I wonder if he really meant what he said last night, does he really want to be legit or am I a pawn in his little game? If he is coming back just to leave then he can go now I'm fine without him, great actually. "Tam" I turn my head in the direction of Kay's voice. "Did you hear anything I said?" "Sorry what were you saying" "I said your mom asked for a rain check on lunch tomorrow but she said Sunday dinner at her place" "okay let her know it's fine, anything else?" "Yeah, are you okay?" "Why do you ask that?" "Umm because your the senior editor but you haven't edited anything for the past hour. You've just been staring off into space like your deep in thought about something" should I tell her? I breath out slowly. "I'm just thinking about what I want my next book to be about I have so many scenarios playing in my head" I lied, I know I know, I just don't need her asking millions of questions when I don't even have answers for myself. I don't even know when I would get answers. I shouldn't even be worried. I wasn't even going to help him, at least I don't think I am. I don't know I was confused, I don't know what I'm going to do. I just couldn't stop thinking of him. How fine he looked standing in my kitchen and sitting so comfortably on my couch. He looked older his baby face long gone but somehow I feel like the facial hair suited him. The closeness we shared last night had my words stuck in my throat and the heat woke my body up. It was like I was in drought for a hundred years and my thirst was finally quenched. He's always had an effect on my body especially as teenagers. He had my hormones jumping all over the place back then but now it's like a fire being ignited all over and through my body. I was starting to get hot just thinking about it. I took off my yellow blazer hoping it would help cool me down. "Helloooo, okay I see you're ignoring me today" "it's not that Kay I told you where my mind is" "I know how you are when you're in the process of brainstorming for a new book so I know you're lying to me. You never lie to me so I know it must be for a good reason and fine don't tell me it's your business but just know if I find out it was because you found you some new dick imma kill you" I laughed at her goofy ass. "I haven't found me any new dick girl bye" "well whatever it is has you somewhere else, you know you can count on me for anything Tam" "I know that's why I love you" "I love your crazy ass too, now can you do some work please?" "Yes ma'am" I saluted her like I was in the army. She laughed on her way out of my office. She's right I need to get my head in the game, Rio's abrupt appearance did take me by surprise but I had other things I needed to focus on.

I got home later than usual on a work day and that's only because I made a pit stop to go grocery shopping so I could make dinner which would turn into lunch for the rest of the week. I don't know why I came in walking slowly. Like I was waiting for him to be sitting on my couch with his two goons close by. But when I went into my house it appeared to be empty just like how I left it this morning. So I don't know why I felt slightly disappointed like I was expecting him to be here waiting for me to get home. I shook it off and went into the kitchen to sit the groceries down on the kitchen table. I washed my hands and started to prep the food. I was going to get everything ready to cook before I got undressed. I was making spaghetti with a side of fresh salad. I prepared the salad first knowing it wouldn't take that long. I know a salad was just a salad but there was just a way I made my salad. I put fresh fruits in there that I always made sure where juicy before I bought them from the produce market. One thing about me was that I loved fruit, especially pineapples. It was something about them. They were sweet and juicy as hell when you bit into them. I like mangoes and peaches too but pineapples hold a special place on my tastebuds. I only ever put berries in my salad, every now and again I put a few cut up pieces of peaches but not too often. After cutting up strawberries and placing them in the salad I put the fruit in the fridge. Next was the spaghetti sauce that I'm letting simmer on the stove next to a pot of water for the noodles. Once everything is on the stove heating up I grab my purse and head up the stairs. The first thing I did was remove my heels and damn did that feel good. I got undressed and slipped into some black Nike short shorts that I use as pajamas and a white tank top. I put this untamed mane that I call hair of mine into a messy bun and slid into some slippers. Grabbing my phone I made my way pack downstairs. I grinned at a text from Kay.
Kayboo: Hope you're having fun with your new found dick
Tammybaby: I told you before I am not getting dick
Kayboo: Mmm hmm, whatever girl
I playfully rolled my eyes at her text and walked into the kitchen. I stopped right in my tracks. "You must have known I was coming over, you made my favorite" he said with his back turned to me as he stirred the sauce in the pot and tasted it. "Just as good as I remember it, I know it's gonna taste better when you add the ground beef to it." He turned around to face me sitting the stirring spoon down on the counter. I sat my phone down on the table and crossed my arms. "What are you doing here?" A part of me was happy he was here but I wasn't going to let him know that. He wasn't off the hook in fact he was far from being off the hook. He had 3 years of explaining to do. "You're not happy to see me?" "How do you keep getting into my house? I'm going to have my security system changed" I told him ignoring the question he asked me. "Now why would you do that sweetheart" "because I have people breaking into my house, that's a crime you know" I knew he knew and I also knew he didn't give two shits about it either. "I'm people?" He lick his lips and smirked at me. "Yes you are" "I haven't been gone long enough to be considered just people" "well seeing that most sane people consider 3 years to be pretty long I'd have to say your wrong" I shot back at him. He made his way across the room and right into my personal space. He has a habit of doing that I see. "I'm just people to you?" His voice came out softer, caressing my whole body. "Maybe" and I could hear my attitude faltering in my voice. "I thought I was more than just people to you" He basically whispered to me as he moved a stray hair that fell in my face. I shuttered from the minimal contact his skin made to mine. I was about to open my mouth when the sound of boiling water cut me off. I cleared my throat and headed to the stove to place the noodles in the water to cook. "You're distracting me and I have to cook, and you never answered my question" "and what was that?" "What are you doing here?" "I seem to remember I asked you a question last night that I never got an answer to" "and I seem to remember I told you I'd think about it" "I'm going to need an answer soon darlin" "so what you're going to pop up every day until I give you answer" "if I have to" "so annoying" I mumbled under my breath while adding the ground beef to my sauce. "You know I can be relentless, remember when Kayla told me about your first kiss while we were in your room that day we all skipped school and I went around school for the next 3 days pulling guys around and asking you if it was the one you kissed until you finally broke down and told me" "yes and it was embarrassing, those poor boys were terrified of you and would do anything you said, letting you grip them up and drag them to me" "well I wanted to know" "you were so nosey and not to mention you got me and Kayla in trouble for skipping school that day. We were on punishment for a month both our parents made us do every single last chore some weren't even chores they just made us do it just because" he laughed remembering it in his head. "You guys were fine, I still snuck into your room everyday" "yeah my mom knew, she told me years later that she knew but never said anything because she knew nothing would keep us from seeing each other anyway" I smiled at the thought of it but quickly wiped it off my face after remembering how he abandoned me for 3 got damn years. I was in love with him and he just took off without even the decency of saying goodbye. As if being able to feel my energy he said "I know I hurt you by leaving but I never meant to I swear" "well you did" I said spitting out venom in every word. He sighed knowing it would be a losing battle trying to argue with me so he just said nothing. After a few minutes of silence he walked over to the stove and helped me out with dinner. I wanted to swat him away and tell him to leave but I couldn't find it in my heart to make him leave. So we just silently moved around the kitchen making dinner. When dinner was ready I grabbed four plates and placed them on the counter. He looked confused as to why I picked up two extra plates. "I thought your goons would be hungry, my mother did teach me manners" I teased trying to ease the mood. Truth is no matter how long he's been away I always did hate being mad at him. He smiled back at me "I'm sure they're hungry" his stomach rumbles. "Looks like you are too" "I am especially being around this aroma for so long, I'm dying to taste it" I know he was referring to the food but there was something about the look in his eyes that made me think he might be referring to something else. I closed my legs while placing the food onto the plates and I heard him chuckle. "Aye" I heard him say and seconds later the two big guys walked into the kitchen. "You guys can sit right here" I told them as I sat their plates down. "Parmesan is on the counter if you need it, hope you guys like it" the both nodded to me letting me know that I was thanked. I grabbed my plate and my glass of water and walked into the living room with Rio right behind me. I heard a satisfied moan from both the guys as I left the kitchen. I smirked as I sat down, "I'm guessing they like it" "they love it, I've only ever heard them make that sound once and that was when they finally ate at a restaurant after we were on the road for two days eating fast food. That's mainly all we eat so I know they are grateful to have a home cooked meal" "what about you, are you grateful for my cooking?" "I'm grateful for you all together." I felt my cheeks get hot so I just focused my attention on my food. We sat in a comfortable silence until I spoke up. "Rio I really don't know how to help you" "I know but all I really need is to tag along with you, see how you move, how you make decisions in your career, learn from you" "you learn from me? That's something new. Growing up I was always learning from you, you taught me a lot even if you know it or not. You were my best friend, I would have followed you to the ends of the earth if you asked me to, you were my everything especially after my dad died. I looked to you for everything and maybe that was too much pressure, maybe that's why" I was cut off by him tilting my chin up to look into his beautiful brown orbs. I loved his eyes, they told me everything I needed to know. I could read him like nobody else just from looking into his eyes. It was the same for me, I never knew how we did it but we just knew each other that well. "I didn't leave because of you, it actually hurt having to leave you, my dad, your mom, and Kayla behind" "He misses you" "I know" "I go to see him sometimes, I know him and my mom hang out a lot" he smiled. "I'm glad you guys are in his life I knew he was broken when I left and I just hoped you guys would keep him happy and content while I was gone" "he wasn't the only broken one" I whispered. "I know, I know I broke you, that's one of the reasons I came to your house. Once I saw you I knew you were broken. It was all in your eyes, I saw anger, sadness, and brokenness. It instantly made me feel like shit. I never meant to break you, I want to fix you, so bad." I looked at him in awe. This is the Rio I'm used to, this is My Rio. "I know you want answers" "I do" I pause and bite my lip. "And if you tell me then I'll help you" "okay." I visibly saw him sigh. Oh he's doing it now? Suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore.