4

Rio

"You want me to wait until you're done eating?" "I'm actually not that hungry." I know she was nervous and that's what made her suddenly not want to but I wasn't going to let that happen. "Nah sweetheart I'm going to need you to eat while I talk" "but" "eat." I wasn't going back and forth with her about it and she knew it. I didn't open my mouth again until I heard her fork move around her plate. "I killed Jay." I didn't know how else to tell her the main part of the story and it's no point in beating around the bush. "The kid who was in our graduating class? We heard he died a week before graduation day. Everyone knew it was a murder but I didn't know.." she trails off and looks at me not finishing her sentence. "That it was me yeah I know" "why didn't you tell me?" "I couldn't put that on your mind the week before your graduation." I graduated two years prior to her but I was always up at the school everybody thought I was still enrolled. I really just wanted to keep an eye on her but that wasn't information she needed to know. "I would have still liked to know things like that what if you need my help or needed me to cover for you if people started to ask questions" "I wasn't worried about that..let me tell my story, no more interruptions." She put some more food in her mouth not saying a thing. "He stole from me, I mean he took a lot of cash and he was planning on hiding out until after graduation and then sneaking off. I couldn't and wouldn't let that happen. I really didn't want to pull that trigger, but there's rules to the game and there's a lot of pressure when you're trying to make it to the top of the food chain which I was, at the time. Meaning I had to make moves I didn't want to make. I saw that kid grow up in school but this was just something that couldn't be avoided at that time. I had way too many eyes on me, anticipating how I would handle it. That day ate me up inside slowly everyday until years later I couldn't look at myself anymore and on top of that I had so much pressure of being the boss that I had to get away. I couldn't look at you and my dad and your mom and Kayla, your faces only reminded me that I was the toxic part of your lives. You were making your dreams happen and was in a happy relationship, everybody was just happy and I couldn't be around that, I know it sounds selfish but I couldn't. Days turned to weeks and weeks turned into months and eventually months turned into years. And now here I am." I sat my plate down and sat there in silence waiting for her to say something. She finished her plate and took a few sips of her water before opening her mouth breaking the silence. "You should have talked to me, yes it would have caught me off guard and taken some
adjusting to but you know I was there for you no matter what. I just felt like I had been slapped in the face and kicked in the gut when I finally wrapped my head around the fact that you were gone and weren't coming back." I sighed not knowing what words I could use to let her know just how remorseful I was. "I know that and I'm sorry, I just needed time to get my head together and see where I wanted the rest of my life to head then when I finally realized it I knew I had to come back" "well where do you want the rest of your life to head Rio?" With you, "in a legit lifestyle, this lifestyle I'm living gets tiring after a while, but it's apart of me, I need you to know that. So if you're willing to help me I need you to be prepared when shit goes left or not be surprised by the way I handle certain things. I know I'm trying to live a better life but there will always be a part of the streets in my heart even if I'm in not in it anymore" "Rio you have been my best friend since I could talk, I have known about your lifestyle choices for a long time, you think I give a shit now?" I let a chuckle escape from my lips. I've always known her to be a little spicy but since I've been gone she's turned into a full on fire cracker and I loved every second of it, she was making my dick hard. Yes I have a thing for her. I've always had a thing for her and I know she's had a thing for me since we were kids but I just never wanted her entangled in my life style after I made the choice to be in it. When I found out about that guy she was dating I wanted to shoot him right in the fucking head. I'm selfish, I knew I couldn't have her but that didn't mean I wanted these assholes sniffing around her. When she lost her virginity I went crazy. I beat the little boy to a pulp, she didn't speak to me for almost a month because of it but I didn't care. "You done with your plate, I'll take it" her voice pulled me out of my trip down memory lane. "I got it" "give me the plate Rio damn" she huffed. "I can never be nice to you, it's my house you're a guest I'll take your dish" "no problem darlin' but I'm helping with the dishes" my tone let her know it was no arguing about it. She rolled her eyes as I followed her in the kitchen. My two guys were sitting in the kitchen phones out, occupying their time. They looked up at me and I nodded, our silent way of communicating that we were all good. I walked over to the sink with her and we fell into a comfortable silence as she cleaned and I rinsed then stacked into the dishrack. It wasn't many dishes so it didn't take us long especially with four hands. When we finished I stood there watching her, she was beautiful always has been but seeing her all grown up and being a full fledged woman she was fucking sexy especially with her hair pulled up showcasing her face. She always loved hiding behind her big curls. But here standing in the middle of her own kitchen, face in her phone, she looked so relaxed I couldn't stop watching her. As if she felt me staring she lifted her face from the screen and said "What Rio? Something on my face?" "Not at all sweetheart." I walked over to her slowly until I was close enough to feel her body heat. Her cheeks turned red and she tried to look everywhere but at me. She was flushed, I was glad to know I still had that affect on her. That meant she still felt something for me. I moved a straggling curl out of her face and placed it behind her ear before skimming my thumb across her cheek. It had felt like she stopped breathing for a second before I put my hand back at my side. "What time do you get off of work tomorrow?" She just stared at me, I smirked. "Did you hear me sweetheart" "oh um yeah, I get off at 4 tomorrow" "okay, tomorrow I'm making dinner, you pick out a movie, we can discuss our arrangement while we eat since we didn't have the time tonight" she nodded her head. It was getting late and even though I didn't want to leave I knew she had to get up for work tomorrow. So I grabbed my jacket and motioned to the guys that we were about to head out. They walked outside after telling her goodnight and she walked me to the front door shortly afterwards. "How will I contact you about tomorrow or will you just show up unannounced again with your goons?" "If you wanted my number darlin' all you had to do was ask" "I" I cut her off knowing she was about to start stuttering. "I'll text you" her forehead creased with confusion. "How if you don't have my number?" "Goodnight melon" I kissed her quickly on the forehead and headed out the door. I was going to work my way back into her life and her heart by any means. I won't let myself pussy out this time.

- - - -
I'm sorry I haven't been updating I've been busy working, life of a college kid in the summer. I promise I will make time to update more, fr. Vote!! and definitely comment I want to know what you all think!