Chapter 20 - Anxiety

Start from the beginning

As the three of you sat in the bedroom, enjoying each other's company, you heard a knock on the door. A loud, high-pitched voice called your name, and the three of you looked up. As you stood up, stretching out your legs, you turned to the kids.

"Girls, I'm going to get dinner started in a few minutes, okay? Just let me know if you need anything." Min Ja nodded, both girls turning back to their little block creation as you went to the door. Opening it, you saw Hoseok standing there, panting. It looked like he was drenched in sweat, but he was grinning the minute he opened the door and saw you. "It looks like you ran a marathon. Another long day of rehearsal?"

"Yeah, my kids love to run me through the wringer." He said, stepping into the apartment. He went to lean in for a kiss, but you pulled back, smiling as you saw him pout. "Hey."

"Go shower first, you stink." You teased, pushing him playfully into the apartment, "Then I'll give you a whole bunch of kisses."

"Aaah, a whole bunch?" he asked, eyes going wide. When he saw you nod, he playfully hurried towards the bathroom, making you smile slightly. As he passed the bedroom, he saw the door propped open, getting a slight view of the girls occupying themselves with blocks. He stopped in his tracks, propping the door open and smiling. "Hey girls." He said happily. "What are you doing?"

"I think we're making a house." Min Ja said, looking up at him. "Hyo Bin is in charge this time, so I'm just doing what she tells me." Hoseok smiled a bit. "...You smell."

"Heh...hehe, I just got home from work that's why. I'm sure Mr. Jimin smells the same way after he dances for 3 hours straight." Min Ja pursed her lips a bit.

"...No, Mr. Jimin always smells good when I give him hugs." She said. Hoseok laughed a bit, before finally leaving the room and heading to take a shower. While he was showering, and the girls were busy, you began to get started on pasta. You were in the mood for some Western cuisine recently, thinking the change of pace would make everyone happy. You got to work, making some pasta and frying some chicken to mix in a delicious combination. As you stood by the oven, watching the pasta cook, you heard the sound of the shower turning off and footsteps eventually approaching the kitchen. You kept your eyes on the pasta but saw Hoseok approaching out of the corner of your eye.

"Mmmmm, I was promised a bunch of kisses~." Hoseok cooed as he got closer. You looked over to him and smiled. "Now that I'm clean, I plan to get them~." Without missing a beat, he hurried up to you and pulled you into his arms, making you squeal out in delight, giggling as Hoseok wasted no time peppering you with kisses. It took a few minutes of playful pleading, but you finally got him to back up.

"I need to finish cooking, you lunatic." You said with a playful grin, returning to the stove. Hoseok opened the fridge as he shook some leftover water droplets from his hair, leaning down to grab a Sprite from the fridge. Cracking it open, he let out a satisfied hum as he eagerly began to drink the beverage.

"Did Weong-Bing talk to Min Ja?" he asked curiously.

"It seems like he did. She seems to be doing okay. He said she stayed in bed today, though. She must be trying to sort it all out in her mind." Hoseok nodded as he watched you cook. "Which is good, because I want to mention to her that we've been talking about moving in." He smiled a bit, passing you the Sprite so you could take a sip.

"Do you think she'll take it okay?" He asked.

"I think if we word it correctly and be honest, she'll be okay over time." You looked at him. "I feel safe knowing that you're here. I think the girls will too." Hoseok smiled happily.

"That means a lot to me." He said softly. "If you think it's the right time, then maybe we could look into-."

"NO!" You both heard a child shout from behind you. Looking over, you saw Min Ja standing at the entrance of the kitchen. Her eyes were wide, and they were welling up with tears. It looked like her little body was trembling.