CHAPTER SIX

K I A  POV

Miles has been acting strangely in the last two days. He mentioned what's bothering him, but there is more to it than he is telling me. Get ready to see the doctor once again. Need to drop Kyra to school first, and Drake at the nursery for a couple of hours. 

Walked into the kitchen to see Miles had already given Kyra her breakfast. Grab a slice of toast, sit with my daughter. "Kia, Drake's had his breakfast gave him his bottle," Miles informs me while he sits down with a coffee.

"Okay. I will get him dressed in a minute." Look over at him as he leans towards me. His lips firmly pressed to mine. He slowly takes his lips from mine, kissing the tip of my nose. He sits straight to finish his coffee. "I could drop Kyra at school." His soft voice is caring. "If you are sure it's not a problem?" Gazed into his beautiful blue eyes.

"It's not a problem. Don't have to be in the office until after nine." He stands to put his cup in the dishwasher. Finish my breakfast, get Drake ready. Miles had taken Kyra with him. I'm on my way to the nursery to drop Drake off. 

Made my way to the doctors. My mind is elsewhere, thinking about how I have already battled with cancer. Just couldn't get a break. Felt like giving up. Have no fight in me this time my body didn't feel my own. How could I tell Miles I have no fight in me?

Arrived to see Donny, my doctor. The waiting room has a few people sit waiting to see other doctors. Take a seat to wait to be called. 

Looking at a magazine when someone sits beside me placing a hand on my thigh. Looked to see Miles staring at me with a smile. "I told you I will by your side through this." My eyes glazed over with tears. He leans towards me kissing me holding my hand while we wait.

 A few minutes later we are called into Donny's room. My eyes look up to Miles as he stood in front of me. "Come on, we are in this together." His words are hitting my heart. We have grown over the last few years, spending time together as much as possible. 

We have spent some amazing nights at the cabin under the stars we had also spent time on his father's yacht. We enter the room.

"Please take a seat." Donny gestures with his hand towards two seats. We sit looking at him, waiting for my results. He turns his chair to face me, looks at Miles then back at me. Miles holds my hand our fingers entwined. "Kia, the lump is cancerous. I will need you to prepare yourself for surgery." Sit up with no emotion. "Does this mean you have to remove one of my breasts?" Unsure of what is going on.

"We would only remove the breast if it spread. The way it is at the moment we could do a little incision cut the lump out. You should recover in no time." He smiled looks back at his screen. Miles squeezes my hand tight, just so I knew he is still there. "How soon could Kia have the surgery?" Miles is now asking in an anxious tone.

"Well, Kia is still breastfeeding. We can't do anything until she's stopped," Donny tells him. Miles looks at me placing his palms on my cheeks gently smoothing his thumbs under my eyes. "We could try Drake with tinned milk." His loving eyes telling me he wanted me to do this. Could feel the love in his words and his touch. "We will try him." My words are uncertain. Miles smiles and kisses me.

"Okay, Kia, I will arrange for the surgery to take place in one week. I will do it myself with my team." Stood shook hands with my doctor. Miles threads his fingers with mine we leave. 

Have an hour to spare before picking Drake up. Miles spent it with me. We went to the cafe where the guys were sitting waiting for us to tell them what is going on. Went behind the counter to get Miles a coffee and to have a tea. Stepped over to the table to sit with my family they all look at me and look at Miles.

"How did it go?" Jax looks over at me. Turn to Miles back at Jax. "I'm having surgery in a week's time." Sipped my tea. They all look gloomy with pitiful looks on their faces. "Just before Tyrone's wedding," Ross said, shaking his head. Miles takes my hand and sits with a straight back.

"Look, guys. Kia has cancer again. With her breastfeeding Drake, it will be awkward to do the OP." He looks at me with a smile looks back at the guys. "Drake will have to have tinned milk so, Kia can have the OP. They are anticipating to get it all." Miles puts his arm around me. Smiled at all of them. "I should be fine to attend the wedding. I'm not missing all the action," I tell them. They all laugh.

"Kia, after the OP and the wedding we should take off to the island or even the cabin. For a few days." Miles's dreamy, sexy smile is pure love. He is showing me his gentler side, which is very sexy. I touched his cheek with the back of my fingers his smile widens. "We should. It would be nice to go to the cabin for a few days." Stood ready to leave to collect Drake from the nursery. "Will see you later," I say to him we kiss I leave.

***************

M I L E S P O V

Extremely fearful for Kia, for what she must go through again, sit with my family talking about what is going on. Had told them about my dream thought how real it felt. Still have no idea what is real. "Miles, now you know what is going on. What the hell are you going to do?" Tyrone asks me with a worried tone.

"Mate, all I can do is to be there for her. I will not lose her. I will not let that happen. She will fight it with me by her side." I place my arms on the table, clasping my fingers. "We are always here if you need us," Ross tells me. Nod at him.

"Kia's been through so much. Watching her go through this is not what I wanted to do." Jax is close to Kia. They are more like siblings they text each other daily just to say hi. "Jax, I will be there for her I promise. I will let nothing happen if I can help it. Kia is my life it took the dream to wake me up to realise how much I love her. I will make sure she fights," They look at me nodding in agreement. 

The fact is, I can tell these guys anything. They are never judgemental of me for any reason. They are there, listening to me not judging me for my mind being out of control. We are here for each other to support in times of need. To cry on each other's shoulders when we needed. We are brothers we have been like this since we met at when we were four-years-old. They are my family, and Kia feels the same. 

Kia and I have gone through so much over the years. We have had a lot of heartaches but; we fell in love. 

It was weird the way we fell in love, but I wouldn't change anything. Not the way I feel about her or my children. I'm trying to save her life. If the dream is true, I need to be strong for both of us. 

So, she can fight this. I'm confident this time I will get it right and I will not lose her for good. Finish my coffee leave for my office. All I have on my mind is Kia. 

***********************

Thank you for reading

I hope you like this chapter?

Would like to read your comments