CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

M I L E S  P O V

We've been at the cabin for three days, and the girls have taken the children on a nature trail walk in the woods while us guys chill by the lake.

Actually, we are not meant to be chilling we have orders to assemble the tents for tonight's camp out.

It's after lunch and the girls left, over two hours ago so we grabbed a few bottles of booze and are reclining on the loungers.

Total bliss until someone sneaks up on us with a hosepipe, turning the cold water on fast and saturate us guys.

All I can hear is Kia laughing and I'm cold the same as Tyrone, Jax and Ross. But it doesn't end there. Oh, no Kia had other intentions.

"You are not going in the cabin soaked," She spits placing her hands on her hips.

"And who's going to stop me?" I challenged her, being brave. I shouldn't confront her because she gets the better of me. 

The girls line up in front of us, not allowing anyone to pass. "Tyrone, strip," Alba said.

"Are you crazy," Tyrone answers her back. 

"The children are asleep so no excuse." Alba bites back.

Stared at Kia with my puppy eyes. "Babe," I plead, edging my way closer to Kia, and she smirks. 

"Miles, don't you babe me. I requested you to do something, and all you done is relax here drinking booze." Kia tells me straight.

"Don't deny it," Maxine adds and the girls laugh.

"Okay, you got us," Ross admitted.

"Ross, you fucking ass," Jax said and the girls giggle.

I immediately grab Kia throw her over my shoulder and she squeals. "You are not getting away with soaking me," I said and run down to the lake and throw her in. Tyrone did the same. Ross is still chasing Maxine around the cabin and Jax is entangled in the hosepipe from Vivian, turning it on and blasting him.

Gazed out into the lake waiting for Kia to emerge, but she doesn't. "Guys, Kia's not come up," I yell and dive in. 

I'm frantic, diving to see if I can see her, but nothing. "Turn to glance at the shoreline and Kia stood there. "Miles, when are you going to learn?" She taps her foot on the wooden dock. "Babe, my fucking heart is in my throat." They all snicker.

As I get out, a car pulls up and Kia smirks. "Dads arrived," She shouts, turning her attention to my father when he steps outta the car and he's got a guest. My fucking worst nightmare. Miss Sable Hopper. 

It all made sense why Kia was smirking all the time. Tyrone pats me on the back as we wander up to the cabin and Miss Sable Hopper is gawking at me.

This is all I need a secretary flirting with me in the presence of my wife. 

*****  

After enjoying a brief shower and shoving my shorts on, plus a polo shirt, make my way down to the kitchen where my father is.

"Miles, The girls have gone to set up the tents. It's nice of Kia to ask Sable to come," Just knew my wife had it in for me.

"Yep, Kia is constantly thinking about others," I said, grabbing another bottle of booze.  

Tyrone enters the kitchen and sits with a bottle. "Mate, what can I say?" Tyrone said and bursts out laughing uncontrollably. Then Ross and Jax join in when they appear.

"Laugh all you like, but this is all Kia's fault," I replied, taking a mouthful of drink.

"Son, you are a grown-ass man. Act like it." Shake my head at my father and point my bottle at him.