Jacob

"Hermione, in here!"

Bella scrunched up her face when Alice waved cheerily at Hermione. She was eyeing the cafeteria, probably looking for her. After what happened this morning, she sensed something had changed between Hermione and the Cullens. She just didn't know what. Edward and Alice being tight-lipped didn't help either.

"Hey, guys." Hermione smiled at them, dropping her stuff in the seat next to Alice.

"How are your classes?" Alice asked.

"They're fine. Though Mr. Jenkin's fake English accent could use a little more practice. I could barely understand what he was saying."

"I know right." Alice laughed. "You're not British, please get over it."

Though Edward didn't say anything, Bella caught him smiling at their interaction.

Her face getting more scrunched when she realized their table had become the talk of the cafeteria, more precisely Hermione's sudden closeness with the Cullens. Though maybe some would assume it was because Hermione was her sister, she still couldn't help the jealousy that rose in her chest.

She was supposed to be the only one. The only girl that got to be with the beautiful and unapproachable Cullens. The girl that Alice chatted and laughed with. The girl that was the center of Edward's attention.

But now, sitting between the three of them, it was like they had forgotten about her existence. They didn't even say anything when Bella ate her lunch in silence, adding nothing to their conversation.

***

Hermione let out a huge breath when the school bell finally rang. She gathered her things into her bag and walked quickly toward the parking lot before anyone could stop her and ask questions about her family.

She found Bella, Edward and Alice chatting beside Edward's car. Bella was clinging to Edward's arm and when she saw Hermione she rose to her tiptoe and kissed him on his lips.

Hermione blinked, not understanding the sudden PDA, but she shrugged and thought that that was just what lovers do.

"Hey, guys." She called.

Alice and Edward smiled at her while Bella nodded.

"What do you have planned today?" Alice asked.

"I've got dates with these fellows right here." Hermione showed them the stack of books in her bag.

"Really? That's your plan? Studying?" Edward chuckled.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Yes, Edward. I skipped a year so I have a lot to catch up on."

"I've seen you raise your hand every time Mr. Palmer asked a question. I don't think you need to study that much more."

"I would beg to differ. I certainly have a lot more to learn." Hermione retorted.

"Well anyway," Bella cut in. "I'm going with Edward and Alice so you're gonna have to go home alone." She reached into her jeans pocket and fished out her car keys before tossing it to Hermione.

Hermione caught the key. "Um, yeah. I wouldn't mind driving. But I would probably be dead before I make it home."

"What do you mean?" Alice tilted her head.

"I don't know how to drive." Hermione shrugged like it was no big deal.

Alice gasped, Bella looked at her like she'd just said something stupid and Edward struggle to hold his laughter.