Chapter 16

~ 19th January 2020 ~

Another strictly tour date finished, another few thousand people made smile. Making people happy was easily the best part of their jobs; plus, it made them pretty happy, themselves.

Although, despite how happy performing made everyone - nothing made Luba and Katya happier than each other. Now that the show has finished, as always, they'll slip away into somewhere private, and have some time together. While the main show was on, they had a dressing room to hide away in; on the tour, they don't have dressing rooms to themselves, there's just a communal one for all the women, and the men get their own too. So, it isn't exactly ideal to kiss and snuggle in there if they want privacy, meaning they've had to get creative in terms of finding roomy storage closets.

Luckily for them though, all of the pros have decided to go out together on a night out; their tour date was Glasgow, and it was a tour tradition to get collectively drunk while in Scotland. No one was sure why, but it was a tradition non the less. Although, neither Katya or Luba were huge drinkers, they'd much rather stay sober and have some quality time with each other... so that's exactly what they were going to do.

Once everyone had started getting into taxis, the couple claim the large dressing room all to themselves. Granted, there's no comfy bed, romantic candle light or background love songs - but it's much better than a tourbus, where the beds are cramped enough for one person, let alone two people attempting to be intimate with one another. Besides, they don't need anything fancy to show their love; just having each other is more than enough.

Now that they're definitely alone, Luba gently kisses Kat, and begins to tug at her white shirt.

"I love you.." She whispers, as she keeps kissing Katya's beautiful face.

Kat becomes breathless, both From Luba's kisses and her saying 'I love you'. Every single day, they tell one another 'I love you', but nothing ever takes away from the feeling; it's the most incredible thing to be in love with someone, but it's even more special to know that you're loved back.

"Luba..." Kat whispers.
"Yes..?"
"Before we... you know. I actually have something I wanted to ask.."

Katya had been wanting to bring this up for a while now, but she was never particularly sure when the right would be. After all, things were so perfect, and she didn't want to rock the boat. But she still wanted to at least talk about it, and she felt safe enough to say anything to Luba. That's something she hasn't felt from almost anyone else in her life before.

"What's going on..?"
"I.. I was thinking about maybe going public about us? Not necessarily the press, but.. maybe our family? Our friends..?" Katya suggests, clearly nervous about asking.

This wasn't something Katya had thought of out of the blue, she's been considering it for weeks. Besides not wanting to hide her relationship anymore, it would even be more practical to be more open. They live together; work together; spend almost every minute together. Telling people about their romance would make life so much more easy, even if it is a scary thought. Especially when it comes to Katya's parents.

Luba pulls back, a little in shock. She moves slightly further from Katya and looks down. She doesn't really know why Katya would say something like that, it's not something they've ever addressed before - and it's definitely not an idea that Luba's all too happy about.

"Oh.. I'm guessing you're not that open to it.." Katya says, slightly disheartened.
"I.. I'm open to talking about it, but really not yet.. I don't think I'm ready." Luba explains.
"But.. but why? I mean.. it's always been me who's been scared about people knowing.. not you. I suppose I thought that you'd be ready once I was."
"Katya, I don't just jump on your say so."
'I didn't mean it that way.." she defends herself.

While she's never really told anyone, Luba's attraction to other women has always been her biggest insecurity; in fact, Katya's the only person who even knows she likes other women. Yes, on the outside, Luba couldn't seem more confident. But in reality, she's equally as shy and as insecure as Katya, just a lot better at hiding it. Growing up, all she was ever told about homosexuality is that it's weird and perverse. Of course, she knows it isn't, but it's almost internalised within her, and it's a side of her life that she isn't ready to share.

"Kat.. you know I love you.. but going public is the last thing I want."
"I just don't understand though.. I don't want to hide us."
"Neither do I.. it's not about wanting to hide us, I just don't want people to know I'm with another woman.." Luba admits, keeping her head down.
"So you're embarrassed of me?"
"No!" She snaps, standing up abruptly.

After all that Luba does.. she tells Katya how much she loves her; she cuddles her whenever she needs comfort; she kisses her all of the time.. and even then, Katya can accuse her of being embarrassed by her? She feels as though she can't win. If she agrees, she's betraying herself, if she disagrees, she's betraying the person she loves most in this world. Being Katya's girlfriend is what she's most proud of, let alone embarrassed. But the thought of people knowing about it is what scares her.

"I.. I'm going to message Karen. I'll see what club they went to, I might join them.." Luba whispers.
"No.. Luba, please stay.."
"Sorry Kat, I just.. I really a drink right now."
"But I thought we were going to.."
"Forgive me for saying that I'm really not in the mood fuck you right now." Luba says sternly, grabbing her purse and walking out of the room.

Katya stands up, wanting to go after her. But after some teary eyes, she decides that perhaps it's best to let her go. Maybe, if she gives her a night to have a drink and let her hair down, they can talk about it again and hopefully, achieve a better result. But she has to admit, she felt quite hurt for just being left alone so abruptly.

The young woman wipes a tear away from her face. She absolutely adores Luba, she couldn't love her more.. but she isn't sure if she can face much longer having to keep it a secret.