three.

2.00 AM
SUN, 25 MAY 1986

NORA FLUTTERED HER EYES OPEN SLOWLY, HEARING FAINT VIOLENT SPLASHES OF WATER. She finally succeeded in opening her eyes, adjusting to the sudden brightness. She looked around. It was night time. The moon was doing an incredible job in keeping the place illuminated. Nora instantly recognized the place. The sparkling river and the giant cherry blossom tree that she was leaning on. This is her family's river. It has a name, given to it by the neighbors. They call it Haerleton. Nora looked up to the sky and admired the luminous moon.

'How did she get here?' She can't help but wonder. Did she sleepwalk? Impossible. She never sleepwalks. She can't help but remember Eren, and how he'd enjoy this far more than her. Nora then stood up and inhaled the fresh air. Her white tee and green shorts swaying in sync with the breeze of the night. For a moment, it seemed... tranquil.

The tranquil moment was then abruptly interrupted when she heard the sound violent splashing of water again. It came from nearby. Nora quickly trusted her ears to command her feet to take her to wherever the source was. Nora gasped as she saw where it was coming from. It was coming from a drowning Eren. Nora panicked as she prepared to jump into the river and save her younger brother. However, she couldn't. It was as if she was paralyzed. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't move a muscle. Literally.

"No..." she muttered, "No, no, no, no..."

Nora gritted her teeth, straining herself to move her body, but it only resulted in sharp pain on her stomach, making her yell in pain.

Nora watched, with fear in her eyes, as Eren's movements start to slow down.

"Nora!" Eren called out in between gurgles, "Nora!"

Tears started to stream down Nora's face as she could only watch her brother drown and die slowly, and painfully.

Eren emerged from the waters again, calling out desperately one last time.

"Nora!"

5.00 AM
MON, 26 MAY 1986

"Nora!"

Nora's eyes shot wide open, beads of cold sweat rolling down her face. She started gasping for breath and frantically grabbing her sheets.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey!" a hoarse and stern voice made its way to Nora's ears. She could feel strong hands resting on her shoulders. Nora could recognize that voice. It was her dad's.

"Calm down, Nora!"

Nora's breathing pace slowed down as she swallowed breaths, calming herself down. She looked to her side. She was greeted with a man with identical emerald eyes. He had a chiseled jaw with a thin line of facial hair to outline it. He had a buzzcut hairstyle. Nora squinted her eyes and adjusted her vision.

"D-dad?" she said, still panting and out of breath.

"You alright?" Her dad asked, concern in his eyes.

Nora finally calmed down and sat up, holding one side of her head, "Y-yeah, just a nightmare."

Nora lifted her gaze to take a look at the time.

5 a.m. sharp.

Nora groaned and held the side of her head tighter, "I'm sorry..."

"It's fine..." Her dad muttered, "Actually, I'm the one who's supposed to say sorry..."

Nora's dad lowered his head, trying to hide his facial expressions. Nora was confused. She knew that something's wrong, but she couldn't make out what. She lowered her head to take a look at her dad's face. He was crying.