Chapter 20: Mew

After the Diane incident, the sexual tension is so palpable that I decided to dismiss Ben and told him that I will drive myself to fetch Gulf from his house to go to an event we were going to tonight. I might not be able to control myself later and Gulf might be embarassed if Ben is there. I have agreed with Gulf when he requested to keep whatever we have private for a while. It seems that the declaration I did with Diane did not seat well with him.

So here I am, in front of McQueen residences waiting for him in the car. Just then the passenger's door opened. "Hey sorry to keep you waiting, I told you we can meet in the event."

I looked at Gulf. He is in a black tux with a white undershirt. "I wanted to pick you up. You look dashing by the way."

He turned to me and looked at what I am wearing. "Back at you." I am wearing a striped dark blue tux.

While driving, I can see Gulf steal a glance in my direction. "What is it Gulf?"

"Why didn't you remove that necklace? It does not fit your attire." He said.

"You gave this to me. I'm not removing it." I said while parking.

Once parked, I turned to him, "Let's go?"

"Wait Mew." He said, his face turning red.

"What is it Gulf? Are you okay? You're turning red." I tried to feel his forehead with my palm. "Are you sick."

"Ummm.... I have something to tell you." He said nervously.

"Okay." Having paranoia from the last time he surprised me with bad news, "I hope this is not another girl you might have gotten pregnant."

He rolled his eyes, "Can we move on from that?"

"Okay, okay. What is it?" I said curious now.

"I want to thank you, for still being here. You have been really patient with me. I am quite irresponsible at times but ummm, your presence kind of brought out the responsible side in me. Also, I know it's hard for you to keep this a secret so yeah. Thank you." He said.

"Is that it? You know you didn't have to say that." I said.

"I just don't want you to think that I am not invested in this." He said.

"This sounds like the calm before the storm Gulf. We're good right?" I asked.

"Yes we are." He said. "Last, turn around."

"Huh?" I turned around. He unlocked my sea-shell necklace and removed it from my neck.

"I told you Gulf, it stays there." I tried to get the necklace from him. Then I feel something cold in my collarbone. I tried to bend my head to see it. It's a silver chain necklace.

"This suits you better. " He said while locking it at my nape.

I touched it and turned back to him. He is really red now. "What's this for?" I asked.

"Ummmm. I know I really hurt you when I gave the souvenir necklaces to a lot of people Mew. So I'm giving you this." Then he lifted his hand and moved his cuffs aside, "See, we match." He said while showing his chain bracelet.

I smiled. "We do indeed."

"Let's go?" He said.

"Let's."

-----------------------------------------

The event is a photo exhibit hosted by Gulf's prominent friend who just returned from the UK. As per him, this photographer just started to make a name and that it is an honor for Gulf to be invited. We both stopped at the entrance.