NIMBUS: A Pawned Soul (chap. 6 p.3 pollux replied)

“Sure. I already know that this would happen.” He permitted.

We got down to the canteen and this was a new thing for me. How can someone like Pollux Clayton be eating together with me? There were only few students inside when we had entered.  We settled on the table he chose and we don’t talk for a couple of minutes after ordering our snacks on the counter. He just stared outside sipping his hot cappuccino while me on the other hand was busy biting my croissant. I can’t help myself not to observe him this proximate, where only a table separates us. As I am observing him surreptitiously, something asked me on my mind… Am I falling for him?

“No! I couldn’t be!” I blurted out without thinking.

I caught his attention span and he was truly bewildered by my sudden reaction. “What?” he asked confused without any exaggeration on his face.

“Nothing, I had just remembered that I can’t be late going home today. Yeah right… that’s it. Nevermind me, come on.” I reasoned out diverting his attention to what is outside.

About two minutes or more, we still didn’t mind each other. He uses his phone and I reckon he’s texting someone. I just stood up to drink water on the drinking station; I requested for a glass and refill it with water and when I turned to go back to our table… I shockingly found out that he wasn’t there anymore.

I searched him around the cafeteria by my eyes and see not even his shadow. I was about to walk away and head back to the office,

“Don’t walk yet without me…” someone had said behind me.

            He was right there on the drinking fountain too. How could he have passed unnoticed?  That was the question that struck my mind first. I rubbed my eyes, slapped my face a little and pinched my skin. I was awake indeed. “How did you do that?” I asked him in perplexed state.

            He just looked through me and said “Let’s go… there are so many things in this world that needs more importance than what you just see with your naked eyes.”

            We got back to the office and for the very first time, Mr. Walters was present inside.

            “Hello, Good afternoon to you Mr. Clayton and of course my very dear Ms. Gray.” He said in a slowly way. I smiled and turned my back on him; upon doing so, I got the opportunity to portray a super disgusted grimace.

            “Good afternoon too Sir.” Pollux replied.