NIMBUS: A Pawned Soul (chap 7, pack my materials)

Michelangelo suddenly jumped onto the table then hissed at Amber then followed by Mona Lisa at our feet, hissing at her too. She instantly backed from her seat nervously.

            “Oh sorry… are you afraid of cats?” I asked carrying Michelangelo on my right and Mona Lisa on my other arm.

            “Yeah… a bit. They’re dicey.” She informed.

            “Okay, just wait there, I’ll just get them inside. Have another cup if you want.” I said entering the house.

            I put them on their baskets and prepared to get back outside. It’s really strange of my cats; it was their first time to show their canines angrily on our visitors, Jasmine and my other friends even Matheo had never experienced that one from my cats, perhaps Amber was correct, they were unpredictable.

            When I got back, there was my grandfather sitting on our maple bench at the side.

            “It’s already repaired miss…” Grandpa said.

            “Grumpy, she’s Amber Winnow, a friend of mine.” I introduced.

            “Uhm… it’s Willows sire.” She corrected instantaneously.

            “Oh, yeah… sorry Amber, it’s been too long.”

            “Yup, it’s alright! Don’t worry… I gotta go. I’ll be going to meet my aunt here at Kingbridge somewhere on south. Bye Emery, Bye sire and thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!” she bid goodbye to both of us.

            “You can visit here anytime you want! Take care!” I uttered before she could go far.

            “Thanks!” she shouted.

            I wanted to go somewhere… somewhere a little far from our place. I checked my watch and saw that it was not that late to set off for a mile.

            I got my sketch pad and coloring materials packed and rode the family bike and started to pedal on the empty road. I smell the scent of freedom and excitement as I catch the gentle slapping of wind on my cheeks.

            I began to raise my arms on air while pedaling still. “Woohoo!!” I shouted to express my happiness of being free for a while.

            The slightest warmth of the afternoon was never the same from the previous. The sun’s rays in this place was really scarce that’s why if this occurs, I see to it that I’ll be riding the bike and go alone somewhere else.

            This time I decided to stop to a cliff and see the sunset dipping on the vastness of the yellowish sea due to the color of its rays. Its golden flames were scattered to the blue half violet sky as if there’s a painter painting on a sheet of paper.

            I went down to have a better look.

            It was really an awesome view.

            I parked the bike on one of the trees. I brought out my pad and picked a large leaf from a nearby tree to use as a palate. I unfolded the tripod and set the pad. I started to paint the sun by mixing colors of yellow, orange and few red. After minutes, I went on to paint the sea with its greenish color on the sides and almost sparkling yellow and orange at the center as it reflects the sun’s light. I finished the whole pad by spreading bluish purple at sides and yellowish blue near the sun to incorporate the infinite sky. I signed my painting at the lower right of the paper.

            I then decided to pack my things up to go home when instantly, a crow settled on the branch of tree where my bike was. It was looking at me with its absent-sclera eyes. I never mind it. I continued to pack my materials.