NIMBUS: A Pawned Soul (chap 7, sipping her coffee)

I got inside and called Grandpa to help Amber fix her car. Upon agreeing and going outside, Amber immediately lead him to her spot. After telling my grandfather her problem, I accommodated her at the table on the perron giving her mocha made by Grandma with the teapot.

            “Well, how’re you?” I asked.

            “I’m fine and going great… college was never easy but I’m ready to face a lot more! I’m totally a daredevil! So this is your house?” she let out a loud laugh.

            “Yes, I’m simply living on the countryside…” I answered giggling. “You’re taking up what course?” I asked smilingly.

            “Fine Arts, that’s probably the most suitable course for an addict like me…” she said laughing again. “How about you?” she then caught me in the middle of the chaos.

            “Oh, I’m doing fine at Surrowlake… yeah, just well!” I replied.

            “Oh my God! are you studying at Surrowlake? I heard the Whitman’s case there and her harsh death done by the unknown criminal. Her case was also same of what happened at Franklin and at Mcintosh where bodies are also dried up, something like that.”

            “Oh yeah, the school had a terrible attack by the unknown criminal, and you know what, unfortunately I’m the solo witness…” I said in a low voice.

            “What? You had seen all the happenings?”

            “Nope, I’d just saw her body on the ground.”

            “Oh my… you just found her dead. You know what, there are lots of crimes unsolved nowadays; it’s as if the polices teams requires advance training when it comes to investigation of a case. If that continued to happen, the real killer must be lingering everywhere thus everyone’s unprotected and everyone’s a suspect!” she said sipping her coffee.