Two - Memory Lane

Start from the beginning

"Finally!" I shrieked before he could close the door.

When I grabbed my drink that seemed like hours ago when I ordered, I sat at a small table close to the door. A woman on my left, at the table next to mine, said, "Going through tough times?"

I scoffed, "You don't know the half of it."

"Who's April?" she asked, leaning closer and putting down her book.

Well, wasn't she interesting.

"My best friend. His sister," I answered, facing her.

"And you're planning the wedding?" She asked, shocked.

I nodded, "It's a long story." Even though it wasn't really.

She stood up, "Well, good luck, honey. You're going to need it." 

When she walked out, I was confused as ever.

I would never have imagined this little one-minute conversation with a nosy, old woman. Was she just being nasty when she said I needed luck or just felt sorry for me because planning a wedding puts stress on a lot of people?

_        _        _        _        _        _        _        _        _

I used an extra towel to dry my frizzy, wet hair. 

I decided to take a shower when I came home because it usually makes me feel positive about things; and I was definitely needing it if I was working with Drew. 

After putting on some clothes and leaving a towel on my head (turban style), I heard a knock on my door.

It was Drew. Great.

"I got the--" he started, before looking at the towel on my head. "Nice," he smirked.

"Thanks," I added sarcasticly. 

"Anyways," he said, inviting himself in. "I got the music done, but before I reserve, do you prefer band or DJ?"

"Well, for a wedding, probably a band."

I quickly said, after that.

"No! Go with a DJ. April's not your typical bride, obviously," I said, trying to point out the situation we're in, which is planning her wedding. "April likes loud, hip music, so go with that."

"I knew it," he said pressing a number on his phone. "She is my sister, after all."

I looked down, unsure of what to do while he was on the phone. 

Drew decided to turn to face the window, talking to whoever he was talking to to reserve a DJ. 

I took notice of his appearance. He was in a formal suit, as usual. To think of it, I've never seen him in anything else since we were kids and he'd always wear sweatpants. 

He had a toned back; I could see it through his shirt. If he wasn't such an annoying prick, I would actually see myself liking him. I mean, he is incredibly handsome, and he has been ever since he had gone through puberty. 

I remember coming over to April's house for a sleepover, and seeing him in the kitchen. He had developed small muscles, even though now they were the perfect size. His voice was deeper and he was just so much more appealing, that is, before he decided to open his mouth. 

Drew and I have always had a complicated relationship. 

We've never liked each other. Not one bit. When we first met, he spit on me and I attacked him.