Two - Memory Lane

TWO

I smiled as I checked off "Get flowers" in the checklist. I decided on April's favorite: pink roses.

I imagined how beautiful they would look lined up in the aisle. 

Putting the checklist in my bag, I opened the door to let myself out of my apartment, but was stopped by Drew.

"Drew?" I asked, confused. "What are you doing here? Don't tell me you lost your copy of the checklist because I am not getting you another one."

He looked at me with a smirk. "You really think I'm that stupid to lose a checklist?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

Huh, answering each other with questions. 

He shook his head getting back to my first question.

"I'm just here to ask you if you got someone to do the cake," he said looking hopeful.

"I didn't yet," I answered, worried where he was going with this.

"Well, don't. I found an amazing caterer and chef that can make us a great, big wedding cake in less than a week! He has no other clients since he isn't really known yet, but still, that's the good news."

"What? How do I know if this guy isn't going to give us a crappy cake instead?"

"Well, we're good friends and besides he makes a pretty killer cake, if you ask me."

"Ugh, I cannot believe this," I said walking downstairs with Drew following.

"That I am that amazing to save you one thing to do on your checklist?" 

"No. That April decided to leave us to plan her wedding."

"Oh, yeah. I guess I have to agree with you on that one. You can't blame everything on me. You're not an angel to work with, either."

"How is that?" I asked, turning around to face him and crossing my arms.

"Oh, do you really want me to go that far?" he asked, eyes wide, chuckling.

I continued walking; we were halfway to the little cafe I wanted to stop at. I couldn't plan a wedding without coffee in my hands. "Forget it. I'm trying to do something here and you're completely distracting me."

"Well, will you agree to the chef thing or not? That's all I need to know!"

Not wanting to deal with Drew anymore, I agreed, which finally sent him off but before asking me what I have checked off so far.

I didn't want to say that I only got one thing done, because he might be almost finished with his and is offering to take over mine. He already got the cake!

"How much did you get done?" I asked, without replying.

"I asked you first," he squinted his eyes.

"Fine." I gritted my teeth, and mumbled, "One."

He chuckled, "Huh, me too."

I looked up, surprised. 

"But, wouldn't it be two? You got the cake done."

He shrugged, "That was the only thing I've done so far."

"Well, you better get everything on that checklist checked off!" 

"Psh, you only have one, too, and you're reprimanding me?"

"Well, I'm not lazy like you, and actually work hard because I want April to have the best wedding possible."

He groaned, "You and this wedding crap is driving me crazy," he turned towards the door. "I'm out of here."