He nodded and got up expressionlessly, walking past me and ruffling my hair. I patted my hair back into place and stared after him. I wonder what happened. Did something happen at his University? It was only his second year after all, what could be wrong? Then realization hit me. His exam to get into the medical program. Is that it?

"Payton?" I looked up to see Lucy peeking from the stairs down at me.

I shook my head. I'd find about happened about tomorrow.

"Coming!" I called back before shuffling towards the stairs hurriedly.

* * * * * *

"What do you have next?" Lucy asked as we were walking back from Lunch.

"Science." I groaned. It wasn't that I was bad at the subject, it just because we have a test today and I really didn't feel like doing it.

Lucy opened her mouth but was cut off by her brother as he suddenly appeared in front of us.

"Payton," He said urgently, his next words rushed out as if the world were about the end if he didn't say them fast enough. "Whatever happens, I want you to know that it wasn't my fault, okay? I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't know! Please don't blame me! Okay? Payton? Answer me!"

I pried his fingers from my shoulders and gave him a weird look. "What happened?"

He looked around nervously and when he didn't answer I sighed and started walking again. His hand on my wrist stopped my advance again.

"Just don't blame me, okay?" He pleaded.

I didn't even know what in the world he was talking about.

"As long as you didn't sell me to the mafia I won't blame you." I shrugged, joking slightly.

He looked visibly more relaxed but his grip on me didn't loosen.

"Is that a promise?" He dead panned.

His seriousness made me gulp, but I nodded hesitantly nonetheless. I've never seen Lion like this so I wasn't sure how to react. He nodded slowly and let go at the same speed. I blinked a few times before looking back at Lucy who had the same confused expression I had. She shrugged suggesting that we should just go. I nodded in agreement as we resumed our route back to the school. We got back right before the bell rang and went our separate ways.

After school was over I was all ready to go home but somebody decided to stop me when I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I sighed and turned around slowly. My breath caught in my throat when I realized who was in front of me, Allan McKay.

"H-h-h-h-i-hi." I stuttered, then mentally face palmed myself for sounding like an idiot in front of him.

There was another guy beside him who I recognized as the soccer player that called Lion back onto the field. He was giving me an oddly smug look which I just wanted to wipe off his face.

"You're Payton, right?" Allan looked at me expectantly, looking uncomfortable for some reason as he ran a hand through his short, blond hair.

I nodded numbly, dreading what he was going to say for some reason. He looked like he made a snap decision as he pulled out something from his pocket. My eyes bugged out from his sockets when I saw it was the letter I out in his locker. He couldn't, he couldn't have k-

"Is this from you?" I was going to kill Lion.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Ohhh what's going to happen now? ;)

FAmMOTE! :D