What's that suppose to be about

The next morning

POV: Alex

*Bip*Bip*
*Bip*Bip*

Damn it, what is it again?

*Bip*Bip*
*Bip*Bip*

I turned around and find out what is going on. Pinoe's cellphone. I flushed my eyes and sighed

Me- Pi'. I mumbled

*Bip*Bip*
*Bip*Bip*

I opened my eyes and look at her.
Me- Pinoe... I said.

*Bip*Bip*
*Bip*Bip*

I stretch over her side and breathe in.

Me- PINOOOOE! She jumped over her bed.
Megan- WHAT?!? I'M INNOCENT I DIDN'T KILL IT! I look perplexed at her.
Me- What are you talking about? I ask worried about her response.
Megan- What is going on..? Why are you screaming like that? Geez, I was sleeping! She mumbled. I rolled my eyes over and sighed.
Me- Cut your freaking alarm off right now. I ordered. She took her phone from under her pillows and turns it off. She looks around and then crash down to go directly back to sleep. Urgh, I knew I should have been roommate with Alyssa. I'm pretty sure that she is quiet in the morning. Duh, what am I saying. She's quiet all the time, even mute people are louder than her. Right, Pinoe has this superpower of sleeping anywhere and anytime, but I don't. It's 8 in the morning, and we don't have practice today. I watched the game last night and I'm pretty much confident about this final. Even though it's Netherlands, we have to attend our opponents as if they are the best in this competition. I get up from bed and check on my phone. I've got an email from the coach.

Hello young ladies

As you guys know, or if you don't already then may I have the pleasure to announce to you that we will fight against the Netherlands team for the final. The training staff and I have talked last night and we will practice tomorrow, so I attempt from each of you to be ready early in the morning.

Plus, we have a meeting tonight, so I would like everyone to be here for dinner. I have something to announce to all of the team.
Also, Dawn wanted me to tell you to forget about any drinking idea for the next 24 hours, a quick annual health report will be taken during our practice. Sobriety first.

Coach

Humm....a dinner tonight huh? I wonder what Coach has to tell us. Probably another great speech for the final. Alright, seems like the day is starting for me already. I opens the bathroom door and turn the shower on. I usually don't have hot water because Pinoe always took her shower first. But since her alarm wakes me up, I got to use the bathroom first so that's a good victory in that case. I enter quickly and quit after 5 minutes. A short shower is always good to start the day. I dress myself up in some proper clothes and head to the dining room.

There wasn't a lot of people, except Becky and Carli around a table, sipping their cups in front of the windows. With Carli being the veteran of the team, and Becky probably the more responsible one after her, these two get along pretty well. I decided to start the day with a bowl of oatmeal. I used to eat a lot of these before but since I saw McCall put some egg yolks in hers, I canceled oatmeal from one of my top favorites breakfast. But there's not a lot of vegan option on the morning menu, so oatmeal it will be. I showed up in front of them and smiled.

Carli- Good morning Alex, you wake up earlier this morning, haven't you? Or is it a new resolution? She speaks.
Carlos is very caring to her teammates but sometimes, her ton's voice makes me believe that she is just being sarcastic because she knows that she's more brilliant than all the rest of us...
Me- Actually, Pinoe's phone did. She hasn't trouble going back to sleep but I do so... Better start the day now, right?
Becky- Sure! Take a seat! I sat down and started to eat.
Carli- So... what's new Alex? Ready for the final? Did you saw the email from Coach? I swallow my bite and nod.
Me- Yep, do you have any idea of what the big new she has to announce to us is about? I asked. Becky looked at Carli concerned and sips her coffee, looking at the ground. Hmmm... Carli must know something. She's probably the closest one to Coach, not because of favoritism or any type of recognition but...yeah.
Carli- Humm...actually I do. She admits. But I can't tell you.
I sighed and put a pity face on.
Me- Ohh come on Carla, I wouldn't tell anyone! I promise! You know me, right? I want to know!
Carli- Alex, although your pity face is probably the most convincing one of this whole team, you should know that this. She pointed at my face. Isn't working with me.
Me- That's not fair, you always know everything before the others... I pouted.
Carli- Right. Life is a bitch, get used to it. She said dryly.
Becky- Come on, you could tell her...
I looked at Becky and smiled gently.
Me- Becky, you will tell me huh? Carli looked at Becky with a deviant look.
Carli- Do not tell her abo-
Becky- Jillisretiring. She quickly murmured. WHAT? I dropped my spoon and look at Carli.
Me- Did I hear correctly? Coach is retiring?!?!! When?!? Why?! I asked.
Carli- I trusted you, Becky. That was a secret only myself knew.
Becky- I'm sorry...and after the WorldCup. She responded. Carli sighed and take her coffee.
Carli- You better not tell anyone about this, you hear me? I nodded. And you, we'll have to practice your " I don't care what you're saying to me I have other shits to do" attitude.
Becky- I know...but I'm not like you Carli, plus I'm sure Alex will keep this for herself, right Alex? She asked me.
Me- Sure don't worry I- I will... I mumbled. Damn...Jill will retire this year.