When the night still goes on

POV: Christen

"You are the loneliest person
that I ever known
We are joined at the surface
But nowhere else
I look in the glass
And stare at your
Strained, grey
Motionless face and ask
Underneath, is there a golden soul?
Take care of the one that you love
Take care of the one that you love..."

The bus turned abruptly into a curve and Tobin's head knock on my shoulder. She was taking some rest after the game. I take off one of my AirPod and look at her. Her palms are sweaty, knees weak and arms are heavy. Everyone was speaking but the only thing I gave attention to was the snoring of my beautiful partner. Ohh Tobin, if only you had the knowledge of how much my desire towards you is strong, you're driving me crazy. For a second, I feel it, this sort of thing growing up further than I want it to. I don't know how to name it but it was like butterflies in my body. I was containing myself really hard right now, Tobin's hand was just here in my disposition, and the only thing I wish was being able to hold this hand like if all of this was a normal situation. I hold my breath and put my hand with the hand of Tobin...ohh no this wasn't a good idea! I was going to take my hand off when Tobs just squeeze it harder. Oh gosh, is this the real life??? Is this just fantasy??? Tobin's hand is actually in mine...my life just been completed. I think I've never appreciated every second of my life more than right now.

POV: Tobin

I was taking a nap while the return to our hotel when Coach Ellis wake me up from Morpheus arms
Coach- You're always sleeping huh? Come on Heath.
Me- Hummm...yeah I'm awake! My eyes were still closed when I felt something in my hand, it was firm but soft at the same time.
Press- You know you were snoring all along? I smiled at Christen and look down to saw her hand in mine.
Press- I'm, huh...sorry.
Me- Why are you sorry? Don't be.
Kelley- WHAT'S UP GIRLS??! Christen and I freaked out.
Me- What is wrong with you don't scare us like that!
Kelley- Well I'm sorry, I- She looks at us and put a smile on.
Press- What?
Kelley- What does it suppose to mean? She stares at our hands and Christen takes her hand off of mine.
Me- What about if you mind your own business Kel?
Kelley- Ohh alright alright don't have to be rude. We all laugh and leave the bus, we have to be prepared for tonight. I still don't know where we going but we have to celebrate, and I think Kelley will be drunk...again.

Finally, after an eternity, more than half of the team decided to stay at the hotel. Apparently, they are "too exhausted " after tonight's game. So, I decided to invite Christen with me tonight cause it's been a while since I didn't have time to be with her, in an intimate way.
Press- Well, looks like nobody is going to show up.
Me-  We don't care, what about if we go out just you and me
Press- Where?
Me- La Tour Eiffel.
Press- Are you crazy?
Me- Yeah. Of you. Admit it, you've never seen it?
Press- True...but it's like a hundred miles away!
Me- And then? Come on, follow me.
Press- Alright! Let's go!

POV: Christen

I'm so confused right now, Tobin brings me at  Eiffel Tower. Maybe I'm just a little bit too addicted to romance movies but this, low-key seems like a date. I'm not QUITE sure but in my point of view, Paris and la Tour Eiffel? Humm...that's sound way too much romantic for our little reality we live in. Damn it, I have to stop. Clearly, the idea of Tobin inviting me to a rendezvous is not inconceivable, because she can be really emotional when she wants to. But still, I can't speculate the vision of me and Tobs in an official thing, even less to call this a date.

We are in the taxi with a guy named Gilles. Regardless, Gilles was driving really fast and in a dangerous way.
Me- The taxi driver is going really fast...
Tobin- Yeah I know but I think he's just exhausted, it's 1 a.m huh...
Me- Can we please drive slower?
Gilles-Bien Sûr mais nous avons encore une bonne trentaine de minutes
Tobin- Just keep going.
Me- We're gonna die. I don't feel it
Tobin- At least if I am going to die in your company, It'll be alright.
The light of Paris glow in the night and I saw it, her beautiful smile. Tobs is wearing a black coat and a ripped off skinny jeans. Like I said before, many times since I know Tobin, this could be another perfect moment to kiss her.

POV: Tobin

Good news! We didn't get an accident and Christen is still alive. The only thing we didn't get is good songs on the radio after La Marseillaise played eight times. We leave the cab and I paid Gilles. We look above the sky to saw the stunning Eiffel Tower in front of us.
Press- Wow, this is the biggest thing I've ever seen in my life! Not compared to the Empire State Building but still...
Me- I know, right? But we're not going to only stare at her, we have to climb on the top!
Press-Are you crazy?!? We can't climb on that thing! It's a bad idea I can get hurt and you could get hurts too an-
Me- We're not going to climb for real Christen. There's an elevator.
Press- Ohh...I hum
Me- You're so adorable. Come on! Christen's face was blushing and turning to red while I stare at her. Gosh, she is so precious.

Christen and I are waiting in the elevator and the worst who could happen came to happen.
Me- Seriously? No, no fucking way!
Press- What?? What's wrong? I point out the speaker near the door.
Me- Why there's always the National Anthem at EVERY SINGLE PLACE we are??
Press- What's the matter? I kinda like the Marseillaise.
Me- I used to sing it many times when I was playing for the PSG.
Entendez vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras,
Egorger vos fils, vos compagnes! The doors open and we finally see what Paris actually is. We leave the elevator and walk in front of us. Tune out the static sound of the Light City, that was the best thing I could show to Christen so far. It could be the perfect moment to ask her too...

Me- I hope you like it...
Press- Tobin, this is completely spectacular! This city is so much more than just Paris right now. That was the best idea to come over the town and to be right here with you right now. I look at the windows when fog came out of Christen's mouth. Her teeth were chattering and her little eyes barely open.
Me- Wait a second. I got you. I took my coat off and put it around Christen's arms. Better now? Then again, she was nervous like a little child on her first day of school.
Press- Yeah thanks. And therefore, she put her hand around my hips while looking at the lighting of the cars and buildings. At this moment, I felt incredible. There's no one to be afraid of, nothing to embarrasses us and the most important, there was Christen. Not with me or next to me, but in my arms. She was so close to me that I could feel her breathing on my neck. This little midnight escape was maybe the first real "date" I had in my life, the only one I want. I take satisfaction in every tiny minute of tonight, while the night still goes on

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Well, this chapter doesn't really have any content but it's a VERY important one for the next ones to come. I had to do something to progress the story and the relationship between Tobin and Christen, so there it is!
Like I said, even if I didn't post constantly, this story is truly important for me and I am still searching for ideas. Thanks for everyone who follow my story! #preathforlife ⚽️🇺🇸❤️