The Beggining

POV: Tobin Heath

"We all have our dreams. Sometimes, those are realistic, unreal or completely different than what we're gonna do later. Mine was pretty easy, everybody who know my name actually know what I wanted to do for the rest of my life: Football. All I ever had and all I ever needed was in the field with a ball. Some peoples think that I'm foolish, that football isn't a dream, it's simply a sport. For me, it wasn't. I found all my inspiration in it and the person that I am today. I don't care about popularity, money...or even attention. All I wanted to do was playing. And that's exactly what I'm doin-"

Morgan- HEATH!!! WATCH OUT! I look all the way up, and see the ball coming for me. I come back to my minds and start to run just as fast as I can. Unfortunately, I didn't watch where I was running and two players come after me and ball. I fall in the same second and my body crash on the ground. It hurt at the moment but I'm alright. All the crowd was yelling but then the referee just whistle. I knew what was gonna happens, at least hope that it was. Yes! Penalty. This is our chance to score at the beginning and show what we're here for. The WorldCup was one of the biggest dream of all USWNT players. Each one of us is ready, and we have to win. The Spain can't beat us like that. We are qualified to be here today.

Everybody took their positions. Rapinoe's gonna take the shot. I'm pretty sure that the ball go in...let's see! The referee was waiting, and then blow in her whistle. Rapinoe look at the goal and shoot the ball right in the left corner. YES! Everybody yells and clap in their hands. We run after her and hug her so tightly until she can't breathe. This is it ,1-0 for us. The game just started, and I wasn't gonna put my guard down. I saw Press who's waving at me, I'm running to the bench while everybody took their places.

Press- Tobin, are you okay? There it go. THIS, this is one of my biggest distractions when I'm playing on field. Christen, my dear Christen. She's so nice with me and so am I. Press is probably the best players I known since a long time ago. Morgan is pretty good too, not gonna lies. But we don't really talk to each other anymore.
Me- Yes..yes I'm fine thanks. Talk to you later alright? I see it, the deception in her eyes. Her bright and beautiful green eyes. I know she don't like the way I use to talk to her while I'm playing but I need to be focused, or the coach's gonna see I'm distracted.

2 Minutes laters, Naeher have the ball in hands. Suddenly, she give the ball to Dahlkemper but two players was right beside her. Number 10 got the ball right beneath her feet and took the shot on the right corner of the goal. SHIT! That wasn't bright from Alyssa. We can see by her face that she feel stupid right now. The game is now 1-1, Spain did pretty good on that one...

Minutes after minutes, the team have many opportunities to get a point but nothing happened . I was frustrated, we did well at the beginning but this was not enough! The mid-time just ringing and the team return at the locker-rooms. We heard complaining, exclamation and some girls of the team getting ready if they're playing next period. Coach Ellis open the door and everybody shut up. We all look at each other, not knowing if we're gonna be yelling at or not.
Coach-...Alright girl keep it straight up! The most important here is to attack! Spain have pretty good attack but the defense is their weakness...Ohh and Tob, your little run was cool but stay focused.
Me- Yes, coach.
Coach- Alright, WE CAN MAKE IT GIRLS COME ON!
Everybody- YES, COACH!! Each of us get out of the room and run at the field. I look at my locker, take a deep breath and get up but a hand touch my shoulder when I was going to leave.
Press- Hey, this game is pretty good
Me- Huh, could be better...
Press- Okay stop! Don't be that hard with yourself Tob, we still can make it. This is the beginning of this WordCup! So stop being that pessimist and come playing with me! And then she leaves. Christen was right...Even if she's rude with me sometime, I kinda like it. She help me a lot to control my frustration and that's why me and her are so close.

After a while during the game*

The ball is going on both team. We loose the ball when the defense had it, keep fighting to try to score. Morgan have the ball and give it to Rose and one of the Spain's player literally kick her in the stomach, and then she felt the same way I did earlier. Morgan and Dunn talk to the referee for this fault and we got another penalty. This is our chance to win the match! Again, Rapinoe took the penalty and the ball go in! We're so proud of herself, she's being able to do the same shot again perfectly. There's only twenty minutes left to the match, we can still win this game! After a while Rapinoe got a yellow card, and then Press take her place. I really love to play at the field with her. She run at the left corners of the field, look at my direction and she winks at me. I feel my cheeks turn to red, and then the game restart.

After the blow of whistle*

The game end and everybody run at the coach! We celebrate with peoples, thanks the other team and take some photos with photographer. After talking with Pinoe, I look for Press at the stadium, she was near the bleachers and sign some autographs for the fans. I was walking at her direction when she turn around and saw me. A bunch of teenagers yells at us
-OMG HEATH!! We love you so much!! I waves briefly at them with a big smile...I like all the people who support me but I'm not really comfortable about that. Christen walk straight to me with his happy little face and jump in my arms , grab my head and hug me clearly too fucking tight. At the same time, I saw everybody in front of me with their phones and take photos of us...In a second, don't really knowing why, I started to panic, bitting my lips and take Christen away with me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hi guy, so this is my first part AND my first Preath fanfic so leave a comment below to tell me what you're thinking about this chapter. I don't know yet when I'm gonna post another chapters but soon sound good for me. Thank you and sorry for the mistakes(I'm trying to do less as possible) ☺️💪🏻🇺🇸⚽️