A vicious circle

POV: Tobin

"Never, never was I always
Always looking for the sun
I kept looking for your face.
Full, full of too much emptiness.
Constantly emptied by all that you were
Wild, wildly wise
Wisdom was I hoping desperately for devotion
Then in a second
Breath I was searching
To putting a second guess
A kiss I left "

Coach-GIRLS ARE YOU READY??? I woke up in panic, omg. Training. I shake Christen's body
Me- YES WE ARE! JUST A MINUTE!
Christen- What happens..?
Me- WAKE UP WE HAVE TRAINING!
Coach- BE DOWNSTAIRS IN 5 MINUTES! I look at Christen and we started running around and took our stuff.

Shit. I totally forgot training ...Christen and I didn't talk since yesterday. I never saw her THAT sad...she was really mad and I hope it's not my fault...But I'm not gonna lies, cuddling with Christen was probably the best thing ever. But I need to know what's wrong. Christen deserves to be happy.

POV: Christen

I've never been that sad and complete at the same time. When Tobin was with me, it seems like one of this perfect love story we saw in the movies. Except that this time, it was the real life and we're late for the practice this morning.
I cried all along last night. But it was good at the end, that's what I love about Tobs. She didn't know what's going on but she knew what she had to do. Sleeping next to her was what I dreamed for so long. But now, we need to be focus. This training is really important. The big match is really soon and we need to be ready.

Later in the stadium

Everyone were waiting for us. They were already on team except for Rapinoe and Morgan.
Coach- Press, you're gonna be with Megan and Tobs you go with Alex
Me- Why? I want to be with Rapinoe but I don't want Alex to be with Tobs.
Coach- Because you guys get really distracted around each other
Tobin- What? No!!
Everyone- Duh.
Harris- Bitch that's the truth.
Me- Alright.
Coach- Well we're gonna start with jogging, all the stadium 3 times and then you'll practice your tackles
Everyone- Yes, Coach. I look at Tobin and Alex was watching me and take Tobin away with her.

I'm running beside Megan and then I saw Coach Ellis looking at me and Tobs. I hope the girls didn't talk about my "secret " to Coach...If she knows about it I don't wanna know the consequences!
Rapinoe You alright Press?
Me-Of course I am! Why I wouldn't be?
Rapinoe-I don't know...Alex told me you left her alone yesterday...That bitch. I'm sure she didn't even tell Megan why
Me- Oh, hum..yeah I know. Tell her I'm sorry about that. Or not!
Rapinoe-Why couldn't you tell her by yourself??? Omg why does she have to always asking questions that I don't even know the answer!
Me- THAT, is true. I will Pinoe...thanks! Then I ran faster because that situation was embarrassing.

POV: Alex

Tobin was in front of me, whistling and looking around . I run after her and look back at Press
Me-Hey partner!
Tobin-Ohh hey
Me-You're ready for tomorrow's game?
Tobin- I guess I am...not really sure but I have to. Omg I knew it! Tobin gets so distracted by Christen, that's annoying !
Me- Why? Is something's wrong?
Tobin- Well, everything's fine for me but something happens with Christen. She-And then she started talking about Christen all along the stadium. I didn't even pay attention and just keep going
Me- I don't know what happened last night but hey, don't waste your times for this. We need you Tobs and I'm sure Christen is fine. She's just a little bit sensitive you know...
Tobin- No. I know Christen more than herself. She's not THAT sensitive, you don't know her and I'm pretty sure she don't want you to talk about her like that. Secondly, since when do you care so much about me ?? She looks at me offended and walk away. DAMN IT! I need to find a way to get Tobin back ! Or miss Press will have what she want and the worst will get to come.

POV: Tobin

I'm really confusing right now...Alex is one of my closest friends nevertheless but it's been a while since she was so worried about me. And I know Alex, when she does something , that's for having something in return. But what's the point about don't wasting my time? What would she gain by acting like that..?
Sonnet- Hey toboggan! Do you want to join us? Lindsey and I will practice dribbling drills!
Me- Sure just a minute, I'm gonna find Alex... I look around and Alex was on the bench with Megan. When I approach, both of them look at each other and stop talking.
Me- Are you ready? Sonnet want us to do some dribbling drills with her and Horan.
Alex- Yeah yeah I'm coming. I look at Megan and her face was really weird...As if someone told her a bad new
Me- You alright Pinoe? She looks at me desperately and then put a fake smile on her face.
Rapinoe- Don't worry about me, you should care way more about yourself...
Me- Allllright? What Rapinoe said to me sound exactly like what Alex told me lately, and that's not good. Alex have a plan, a bad plan.

POV:Rapinoe

OMG WHAT DO I DO!?? Alex want to destroy Christen! Literally! She want to hurt her for loving Tobs...BUT I KNOW!! I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT TOBIN AND CHRISTEN!! Alex thinks that Tobin just have a good friendship with Press but IT IS NOT! Christen told me about her crush for Tobin and Tobin herself told me about her feels for Christen! PLUS, Alex explained to me her little plan to stop all this! BUT WHAT A DUMB! I didn't even have the chance to ask her WHY does she want to do that to Tobs, poor Christen...I NEED TO STOP THIS or everyone's going to be hurt at the end...
Press- Megan???? Are you listening???
Me- Ohh yeah yeah I was thinking... When will you reveal to Tobin your feels for her..? I think I shouldn't have said that...Christen's face turn to red and she took me away from the girls. She whispered
Press- WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!? Did you talk to Tobs abou-
Me- NO! NEVER! I will never ever do such a thing! I keep your secret until my dead, you can count on me!
Press- Better be because I will probably never!
Me- What?? Why??
Press- I don't wanna talk about it! Now can we practice like everyone else?? I saw in Christen's eye some tears up and she bites her lip
Me- Sure...Omg I just noticed why Christen left Alex yesterday. That makes all sense...

POV: Tobin

I was dribbling over the cones with Horan when I saw Christen and Megan in the end of the stadium. They were talking about me, I saw that Christen say my name on her lips. When Christen returned  back with the girls, she smiles at me and then swipe a tears to her eyes. Omg. If Megan talked about THE THING, she's dead.

POV: Christen

I was practicing some corners with Pinoe and I'm not ready. I'm not ready at all for the next. I'm so scared that Tobin knows my biggest secret...and it's so frustrating. Cause she's the one who's always here for listening to me and found solutions. But this time, the probably hardest thing in my life concern her and I can't talk about it. I don't know what to do and it feels like I can't talk to nobody else. All the girls knows about it, I have a huge confidence in them but...I'm so scared. Maybe Alex tell all the truth to Tobin, because I know she will, at least before the end of the World Cup. Rapinoe is so close to Tobin and she's not a good liar. If Tobin ask her some questions I'm sure of it, she'll probably open her mouth.
Rapinoe- Christen!! Are you gonna kick that ball one day?? I'm waiting for your call?!
Me- I'm sorry! I kick the ball right to the center, and Pinoe shout it right in the arms or Harris.
Harris- Bitch you suck!
Rapinoe- We're gonna stop. I look at Harris and we both started to laugh.

Coach- Alright ladies, training's over! I think my team is ready for tomorrow! And remember, we deserve to be here! Each of you did an excellent job on the field and we have to keep it like that! This is WorldCup 2019! I want you at your best for the next weeks. We are the Women National Team of the United States ! We have a status to keep and we have to defend this title!
Everyone- Yes, Coach! We're gonna win this World Cup, because we have to and we all have our own places here. The thing is, the ultimate thing I would like to win is Tobin's heart. And this, would probably never gonna happens.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey! Chapter finally done with a lot of revelations. Alex have a plan to stop what's going on between Press and Tobin. Megan knows what's gonna happens if Christen do something. Will she admits all the secrets she knows? Are the USWNT gonna win the World Cup? Let's see 🤷‍♂️⚽️🇺🇸🙊

P-S: I'm actually sorry for not posting frequently, I'll try to post more than just once a week. ❤️