Ch. 21 After School

Lillian's POV

School went pretty smoothly. I spent my lunch with Stefan and made plans to go over to Rebekah's house after school, which someone was not happy about at all. Stefan got all grumpy about me going over there. He claims 'it's not safe' and 'Klaus is over there'. After mentioning that he knows me because of Klaus and that's he's my friend and I wasn't taking no as an answer, he finally stopped arguing about it. So here I am, waiting for Rebekah at my locker, Stefan right beside me with his arm around me. 

"Hey, Lils!" Rebekah called once she got within hearing range. "Ready?"

"Yea, I'm all good." I tried to go, but Stefan pulled me right back.

"Remember, if there's anything wrong, even if it's just a papercut or you're tired, you call one of us. Got it?"

"Yes, I promise I will. I'll be with original vampires though. I think I'll be safe." He nodded and laid a kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you later then." Following Rebekah to her car, I started feeling the excitement.

"So, what kind of movie should we watch?" I asked once we got into her car.

"I'm not really familiar with the movies these days. Got any good suggestions?" The entire car ride to her house, I listed off different movies and genres to see what she liked.  

"Kingsmen sounds good." 

"I love that movie!" That's one of my favorite movies, so I'd gladly watch it again. She parked in front of the massive mansion and I stood starstruck. Between the Salvatore's place and now this, does anyone have regular houses anymore?

"Oh, and by the way, my brothers are home. Just a fair warning."

"No problem. It's your house." I followed behind her, entering the house and seeing the beauty on the inside.

"This place is amazing." My voice showed the awe that I obviously felt. I mean the marble floors, the paintings, the staircase... What was this place made with magic?

"Why thank you, love. I designed it myself." Klaus walked into the room, obviously having heard us come in. I couldn't help myself and let out a little laugh at his inflated ego. 

"Nik, leave her alone."

"Now why would I do that when she's my friend too? Isn't that right, love?" He asked, swinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Uh, whatever," Rebekah uttered before I could even say anything. "We're binge-watching movies, so if you're staying, don't be annoying."

"Invitation accepted, dear sister." He grinned at her, not caring if he was actually welcomed to stay or not. 

"Bekah, where's your kitchen? Popcorn is needed."

"I got it. Why don't you get the movie up?" Without waiting for me to respond, she started walking out of the room. Turning towards Klaus, I morph my face into that of a puppy dog look.

"What can I do for you, Lillian?"

"Can you help me get the movie started, please?"

"Of course, come on." He lead me into towards the TV and I instantly sat down, letting him get it started. I knew nothing about the setup, so I would only be in the way. As he set up the movie, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Oh Nik, you shouldn't have! A little afternoon snack, how kind of you."  Immediatly, Klaus sped infront of me, standing between me the and the man who just came downstairs.

"Kol, she is not a snack."

"What else would she be. She's human, is she not?"

"She was the one to figure out the hybrid problem and made me realize that even if you all would be mad at me,  that I should at least let you live your lives. So no, she is not a snack. She is probably the most protected human in the world."