Ch. 9 Dinner

Lillian's POV

I'm not going to die. I'm not going to die. They like me too much to kill me. I think... No, I know. It's okay he's just stressed out. 

I didn't want him to feel like I wasn't going to or have him repeat himself because I know that wouldn't go over well. Just as I started walking, Damon let me out of his hold. Just a few steps brought me to Stefan's back, where I stood waiting for him to turn around. Deep breaths were heard out of him. He had to know I was here, right?

"Stefan? Are you okay?"

"Would you consider ready to kill someone okay?"

"Do you want to kill me?" I asked quietly, not really afraid of the answer, but more of the rejection that comes with it. I mean I was never picked first in life, always the after thought. I don't know how me being with the Salvatores even happened, but I'm sure they will get tired of me pretty soon.

"No, I could never kill you Lillian. Your sister, however, is another story."

"Stefan, look at me."

"No, you won't like it."

"Stefan, I'm not afraid of you. Please, just look at me." He slowly turned around. I looked up to his face to see veins emerging just below the surface of his face and his eyes bloodshot. I cupped his face with my small hands and ran my fingers down the veins. Lifting myself up onto my tippy toes, I planted a short kiss on his lips.

"See, nothing to worry over. Now what's going to bring you back? Alcohol? Blood? Food? Sleep?"

"Why aren't you freaking out? I'm a ripper."

"Yes, yes. Very powerful ripper who could apparently rival an immortal hybrid. Lucky for you I'm not afraid of death or you. Now what is going to help?"

"Blood."

"Fine, but after this I'm going to get really annoying about food." I said gently, while moving all my hair over to one side. 

"Lillian, are you sure your body can handle losing more blood? We didn't take a lot, but this will be the third time tonight. And wait! You should be afraid of death!" Damon asked.

"It's fine. It takes a lot to put me down." I said ignoring the last part and nodded at Stefan who eyes hasn't changed one bit.

Stefan grabbed onto my hips to bring me in closer and then placed his hands on the sides of my face. He tipped my face up, letting his eyes bore emotions into my. With me mostly lost in his gaze, I didn't even see him start to kiss me. All I felt was bliss and the sweet taste of his lips on mine. Letting me go so I could breathe, he took his lips of mine and looked at me one more time before he spun me around at vampire speed so my back was to his front.

His teeth punctured the same spot as before and my neck involuntarily bared itself as to give him better access. Once he got his fill, he gently retracted his fangs from my neck. I could feel the tension leave his body. He was more in control of himself now.

"Better?" I asked him. He didn't respond verbally, but instead gave a curt nod and a little kiss on my cheek. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks, making me look really red.

"Now about that food?" Giggling, I asked both of them. They both turned serious at the mention of food.

"Yes, you need to eat." Damon said, making his way back into the heart of the kitchen. Stefan directed me back into the kitchen as well, before he went over to the help Damon with the rest. This was a sight I never wanted to forget. The only thing that would make it better is if they were shirtless, but you didn't hear that from me!