D.O knocked on Sehun’s dorm door lightly. No answer. For a brief moment he thought of just letting it go, but instead he merely opened the door himself and stepped in. Sehun was sprawled across his bed, eyes half lidded, head bobbing, and D.O could hear the music blasting from his ear buds; it was that loud. However, when Sehun spotted him in the doorway, he seemed to be revived from his half slept state.

“Hyung,” Sehun acknowledged him happily, removing one of the buds from his ear. He sat up in his bed with a grunt, “What’s up?”

“Can I ask you for something?”

“Of course; anything after you helped me earlier this week.”

He felt silly and ridiculous asking Sehun, but if he wanted to remedy whatever sort of feelings he had, he was going to have to at last be able to talk to you. And even that was a lot to bargain for.

“I wanted to talk to your friend about her stay so far…” Which wasn’t completely a lie. He would ask her how it was going…right after he got to know her a bit more.

“Noona? She won’t be over here until the end of the week,” he said pursing his lips in disappointment. However, he did chuckle a little at D.O’s request. Why would he want to talk to his best friend so badly about her trip, especially when [Name] had only been here for four days…? One of his brows raised subconsciously out of his own curiosity.

“Do you have her number?” D.O asked him, then realized how stupid of a question that was. He put his hand out to stop Sehun from even responding and face palmed himself with the other. “Don’t even answer that. Can I…can I have her number?”

D.O rubbed his arm uneasily. Heat had crept onto his cheeks quickly, a dull pink catching Sehun’s attention. Sehun begun laughing openly now.

“Why are you so flustered, hyung?” he teased, chuckling.

“I’m not flustered!” he grumbled in a hushed tone. D.O raised his hand as if to smack his friend, but put it back down with a satisfied smile when Sehun flinched, though still laughing.

“Whatever you say.”

Regardless, he tossed him his unlocked phone for a minute so he could get the contact info.

Not without some reluctance…

                                                             ---

It was night, and the house was pretty silent. There were the few mumbles that could be heard from one of the dorms where Kris, Baekhyun, and Suho (he guessed) were talking over the plans for tomorrow, along with some shifting in another dorm where he knew Yixing was pulling out clothes for the next day. Everyone else, he assumed, was asleep. Yet, here he was with his cell phone, of course. D.O sat alone in the kitchen, his thumb hovering over the call button anxiously. He had re-read the dialed number so many times now that he had practically memorized it. At one point, he found himself humming the numbers and replacing the lyrics of one of EXO’s songs with them. He was stalling and it was working, unfortunately. It took him a few minutes to let his finger fall and tap the green dot lit on his screen. Then he started thinking, and things always got worse when he thought about them too much.