Wish-Granting Factory

My toothbrush is right where I left it. Beside the toilet. It's covered in dried-up toothpaste, too. I try my best to clean it up because I don't want to walk out of my flat without brushing my teeth to get a new toothbrush. Memories of last night come flooding back as I turn the tap on. Did I really ask Dream to sing me a lullaby? And he actually did it? Dream, singing a lullaby?

I laugh out loud, trying to remember his voice. I can't stop laughing about how off-tune he was. I wish I recorded it or something so that I can blackmail him with it the next time he teases me.

It's around 5 a.m. where he lives, and no sane person wakes up at 5 a.m. for fun, so I mope around the place for a while before he gets up to record a video. I'm not really surprised when Maya calls me around eleven a.m.

'Hi, Jin. I didn't wake you up again, did I?'

I laugh. 'Excuse me, I'm the most responsible person on planet Earth. You didn't wake me up yesterday either.'

'Ok, ok, that's cool,' she giggles. 'Meet up at my house? My parents are going out at 2 so the T.V will be free,' she says.

I hesitate. I don't think this is that good of an idea, but I agree. 'Okay, I'll call you when I'm coming over.'

'Cool!' she repeats. 'See you.'

I put down the phone, wishing that Dream would wake up so that I can find an excuse to not go to her house. Ugh, I should've just said that I was busy! Why would I want to go to her house, anyway?

2 o' clock arrives. I call Maya to make sure that I'm coming over (since Dream doesn't show any signs of life) and pull on a warm hoodie before I leave. I take the lift down into the cold December air, pulling my hoodie more snugly around me. I don't have enough money in my wallet to buy flowers again, and they wilt anyway so it's pretty useless.

Maya welcomes me with a bright smile. She immediately pulls me to her sofa, and I roll my eyes.

'More stupid romance movies?' I ask.

'Nope, I've got a horror movie in mind,' she says.

'So that you can pretend to be scared and snuggle up to me?' I joke, and she rolls her eyes, switching on the T.V.

It Chapter 2 isn't even that scary, so Maya doesn't really have an opportunity to actually snuggle up to me. She's scooted pretty close, though. Any closer and she'll have to be sitting on my lap. When the credits roll, Maya turns to me, looking expectant.

'What?' I say, feeling extremely uncomfortable. The intensity of her gaze makes me blush like a schoolgirl. She leans in, and I literally start sweating. I'm not freaking ready for this shit –

She has her lips on mine before I can react. I'm pretty sure that I'm a flaming tomato red right now. No sparks ignite within me, no heat either if you don't count my burning face. For some reason this kiss reminds me of my dream, of Dream's –

Dream. Oh my god Dream. Kissing her makes me feel like I'm betraying him somehow. Maya pulls back.

'What?' her cheeks are tinted a slight pink, her eyes searching my face.

'What do you mean?' I stutter, trying to stop the blood from rushing to my face.

'You just said "dream".' She says. I shake my head disbelievingly.

'No I didn't,' I say.

'I'm sure I heard you say that,' her brows pull together and she frowns at me.

'I,' I'm at a loss of what to say. I tug at my hair. Sudden panic rushes up in me, and I scramble off her sofa.

'I'm – I'm so sorry, I have to go,' I say and dart for the door.

'Wait!' Maya yells behind me, but I'm already closing the door.

I don't stop running until I reach my building's lift. Shutting my front door behind me, I sink down, trying to put together what just happened. Maya. I bolted out of her house like a complete idiot, panicking as if Dream was my boyfriend and I'd somehow cheated on him. No, that couldn't be it. I have absolutely no feelings for Maya. I have absolutely no feelings for Dream, too...

I sigh, though it sounds more like a scream of anger. I cover my face with both hands, rocking back and forth. I can't keep lying to myself like this. I don't know how much longer I can take it. I hate that I ever became friends with Dream, I hate that I let myself feel things like this for him, I hate that I can't bring myself to accept it, I hate myself, I hate Dream, I hate everything in this stupid world.

I wish that one of us was a woman and the other a man so that nothing would be wrong and I wouldn't be ashamed of my feelings. But the world isn't a wish-granting factory. And no one can magically change their gender.

I decide to just shut my feelings up and go on with it. If I force myself to stop liking him then everything will be alright and no one will be disgusted by me. It'll be hard, but it's for the best.

My phone buzzes, and I eagerly dig it out of my pocket to see if it's Dream. Friendly, I remind myself. He's just a friend.

Dream

Is england beautiful enough? because i don't think i want to come there if its not

My eyes widen. If he comes now then how am I supposed to reign in my feelings?

GeorgeNotFound

am i not beautiful enough for you dream?

Why did I say that.

Dream

dont worry you're gorgeous. i was talking about the landscape.

GeorgeNotFound

nvm how good it is when are you coming??

I hope his arrival is at least a month away because even though I'm eager to see Dream I don't want him to tear down the barrier I'm trying to build.

Dream

idk maybe a month? who knows ;)

GeorgeNotFound

Dream I'm serious when are you coming

Dream

february? pretty sure im gonna be busy during january

I sigh in relief. That'll be good enough for me.

GeorgeNotFound

k cool

Dream

:)

As soon as I close the chat, I wish that he could come earlier.