Chapter 19

IN THIS CITY

CHAPTER 19

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

I was excited about heading back to New York and getting to see Luke's family. We had both kept it a secret that I was going to be there. Celeste had given birth two weeks before her due date so we would be heading right to their house as soon as we landed. 

They of course had sent pictures to both of us and he was so adorable. He didn't have much hair but the hair he did have was brown. He had dark blue eyes and the cutest face. I couldn't wait to hold him. 

Emmett Andrew Hemmings was the cutest baby I had ever seen and I was in a cab on my way to see him. He was already two weeks old and as much as Luke wanted to be in the hospital when he was born, the tickets were already paid for. 

"Are you sure it's okay that I'm here too?" 

"It's more than okay." He answered gripping my hand. "They are going to be so excited to see you." He had told them he was coming today so Luke's parents were also here with food. "I'll even let you hold him first." He smiled making me laugh. We were minutes away from surprising his family and I had no idea why I was so nervous about it. 

As soon as the cab pulled up outside Jack's house he paid the driver and quickly got out to grab our bags. I followed behind him as he just walked right into the house. 

"Don't be nervous." He commented setting the bags down and heading down the short hallway to the kitchen. The living room was off the kitchen. He let me walk in front of him but his hand was in mine rubbing across my knuckles calming me down. His mom was holding the baby and everyone was looking down at him. 

"Hi." I smiled getting their attention. 

"McKinley!" Celeste shouted standing to hug me. "It's so good to see you." She said hugging me tight. I wrapped my arms around her but was careful of her stomach. I didn't want to cause her any pain. 

"Congratulations." I smiled. "He's so beautiful." I smiled looking over at him. 

"Thank you." She smiled. Liz handed the baby off so she could hug me. 

"Are you back together?" She asked. I nodded as she pulled away from me. "I knew he wouldn't be able to hold off for long." I smiled and sat down. 

"Wanna hold him?" Jack asked as he stood in front of me.

"Yeah." I reached out for him and gently held him in my arms. He was fast asleep in a cute little grey outfit. Luke sat beside me holding his foot with one hand and rubbing my back with the other. "You're so cute." I gushed. Liz went off into the kitchen to cook while Celeste and Jack sat with us. 

"Can I take your picture?" Jack asked. 

"Yes." I answered right away leaning into Luke a little as he took a picture. "Wanna hold him Luke?" I asked holding his head and his butt so I could pass him over. I then went to get our bags to pull the present we bought out of it. 

Liz stopped me as I went passed the kitchen. 

"How are you two doing?" She asked automatically making me smile. I'm sure my face told her everything she needed to know. 

"I have never been so in love with him." I gushed. "It's been so amazing having him back. It's like we just picked up right where we left off." I answered. Celeste came into the room and sat down at the island to listen to us talk. 

"He seems so happy. I was so worried about him. I knew he didn't love those other girls. I know it sucks to talk about them but it's true." 

"We talk about them all the time. I had a boyfriend out there too. I knew that any relationship I ever got into wasn't going to work because I only wanted him." I set the present down in front of Celeste. "I couldn't resist buying you something." I smiled.