↳ CHAPTER EIGHT

LUX WAS NOTHING compared to the glamour of Lucifer's penthouse — as much was obvious to Kai when he stepped out of the elevator behind Dan and saw the grand bookshelves on one side of the room, while the other was taken up by a majestic piano and...

LUX WAS NOTHING compared to the glamour of Lucifer's penthouse — as much was obvious to Kai when he stepped out of the elevator behind Dan and saw the grand bookshelves on one side of the room, while the other was taken up by a majestic piano and a vast collection of alcohol behind a shiny bar counter. In front of him awaited expensive leather couches, and once he trailed forward in utter astonishment, he found a pair of brick steps leading up to what he guessed to be Lucifer's bedroom. At the very least, there was a lavish bed in the secluded part of the apartment, along with the safe Dan had mentioned.

And therefore, Chloe as well.

"Wait. Am I too drunk or is that Kai?" the woman called out to Dan, slurring in disbelief as she tugged down the white shirt she had changed into, with seemingly no pants on. A pair of sunglasses rested on her eyes, but as if to inspect her new guests closer, she pushed them up to her head and squinted at the two men who exchanged an amused look. Clearly, she had already gotten the party started.

"Yeah, I brought him along—", Dan began, but he wasn't allowed to say anything more when another much shorter blonde was sticking her head up from Lucifer's bed.

"More importantly, did you bring the drill?" the stranger demanded to know, and as ordered, Dan lifted up the tool with a proud grin on his lips. Kai didn't even get an introduction out in his blatant amazement at the odd setting — Chloe drunk, Dan planning a heist and this unfamiliar but hilarious woman wrapped up in Lucifer's extravagant robe. Luckily for him, the plucky blonde was more than willing to stick out one hand while fixing her crooked glasses on her nose. "I'm Linda. Lucifer's therapist. And friend."

Taking Linda's hand in stunned silence, Kai wondered whether or not to bring up a therapist breaking into her patient's safe, but decided to simply introduce himself, instead. "Kai Nolan, I, uh, I work with these two. And Lucifer", he shared with a smile, and already mirroring the expression, Linda gave his hand a vigorous shake before turning back to Dan and gesturing at the safe.

"Come on. I think we should raid Lucifer's closet so you can change into something comfier, too", Linda insisted as Dan snuck over to the safe, ready to get to work, and before Kai could even consider saying no, he was being pulled deeper into the bedroom. That led them to a huge walk-in closet with several different departments for suits, shoes, ties, cufflinks and whatnot — all of it wowing Kai to an impressed whistle.

"Alright, what are we thinking? Lucifer is so... so tall, I don't think I can pull off the suits but...", Kai wondered out loud, getting into the right mood as he pranced around the room like a kid in a candy store. As soon as he spotted the red silk pajamas, though, he had found his answer. "This is it, Linda. They're calling to me", he gasped while grabbing the PJ set and giving the woman a look, as if to encourage her to turn around. And as soon as she had, he was eagerly unbuttoning his flannel and reaching for his belt buckle.