I Don't Love U Or Do I? ~12~

SCARLETT'S POV:

I turned around and screamed. I screamed as loud as I could. I was screaming so loud, I broke my own ears. There, in front of me was, Caleb Caine. Now, you must be wondering why the heck am I screaming if I was just looking at Caleb. But, I just had two weird dreams about him, what do you expect from me? Seeing him sorta creeped me out. I kept thinking this was another dream, but I just couldn't get myself to wake up. I pinched myself but nothing worked.

"What are you doing in my house?" I cried.

He looked kinda worried after seeing me like that.

"What's the matter, Scarlett?" Mom asked.

That's when I realized it wasn't a dream, it was real. He was really there in my house, really in front of me, it was really him.

"Um, nothing." I lied.

Annette ran into the room.

"Why'd you scream, Scarlett?" she asked.

"Nothing, I just...thought I saw something."

Caleb came towards me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" he asked me.

I quickly backed away from his touch.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I think I'm gonna go now!"

I tried to leave, but mom pulled me back.

"Wait a minute, I called you down for a reason, and you're not leaving until I tell you." she said.

"Oh, come on, mom!" I whined.

I had to get out of there, if I stayed any longer, I'd freak out even more.

"It'll only take a second, Scarlett."

"Alright, what is it?"

"The date for your engagement's been fixed," she said. "It's today."

"Today!" I cried.

"Yes, it'll be in the afternoon, your wedding date hasn't been fixed yet, but it'll be soon. You may go now."

I felt like fainting, if my mom told me I was getting married today, I would've fainted. I can't believe I'm engaged to this dude today! I felt horrible.

"Today, I'm getting engaged today. To my fifth grade crush, that never liked me. That used to hate me because he knew I liked him. Now that same person loves me." I said to myself. I knew everyone could hear me, but I didn't care.

"Um, can I talk to Scarlett alone, please?" I thought I heard Caleb ask.

Annette and Mom walked out of the room. I started hyperventilating, I felt sick. What was wrong with me? He came closer to me.

"Look, Scarlett, I'm really sorry. I know what I did was wrong." he said.

I felt the room spinning and the walls felt like they were closing in on me. I tried so hard to forget my first love and now he's back to ruin it for me.

"Hey, are you alright?" he sounded concerned.

The room felt hot, it felt as if I was on fire, it was killing me being like this. I started to back away slowly.

"I just need to get out of here." I whispered.

"What's the matter?" he came close to me.

"Stay away from me."

I ran away from there, I ran outside, I ran all the way to Ryan and Evan's house. I knocked on the garage door and it was soon opened by Ryan. He noticed how I looked and I could tell he was beginning to worry about me. I quickly rushed in and closed the garage door. Once I was in the garage, I plopped down on the red couch. Ryan hurried to my side.

"What happened to you, Scar?" he asked me.

"Nothing, I just don't feel too good." I answered.

He brought me a glass of water, I drank it and I started to feel better. A few minutes later, I was back to my regular self. I stayed there for a half hour and soon Star, Jake and Chris had come over. I decided to tell them the truth about Caleb and me.

"Um, guys, I gotta tell you something." I started.

"What is it?" Chris asked.

"Um, after a couple of months, I'm not gonna be the same Scarlett you know."

"What do you mean? What's gonna happen to our Scarlett?" Ryan asked.

"I'm, uh...getting....married soon." I finally said.

They all soon realized what I said and stopped whatever they were doing. Chris, who was flipping through a magazine, dropped it. Ryan, who was rocking back and forth in a chair, fell backwards from the chair. Star, who was flipping through the channels on the TV, stopped, since she already knew. And Jake, who was drinking soda, spit it all over the floor.

"WHAT?!" they guys all said at once.

I just nodded my head.

"With who?" Chris asked.

"It's Caleb isn't it?" Ryan asked.

I nodded my head again.

"And I'm getting engaged today." I added.

"Why? You're too young!" Jake cried.

"Try explainin' that to my parents."

I heard my phone ring.

"Looks likes it's time."

I picked my phone up and I was right, it was my Mom.

"Scarlett, dear, come home now. It's time for your engagement." she said.

"Fine, but I'm bringin' my friends."

"Alright, come soon." she hung up.

I groaned, today was the worst day ever!