Wish Granter

(After "Healer" and "Healed" and "Venturer" -- You chose to take Steve's place in being stuck inside the game) 

There, in the window of Steve's house, you waited, looking down the range of hills the house had been built on, and down into the valley you had appeared in. The Puppy you decided to name (p/n) came to you, whimpering. 

"I know.." You stroked her fur. "He has been gone a lot longer than hoped for.. I just hope he is alright... wherever he is." You sighed, remembering when Steve said that every day was around an entire year in the other world... And three days had already passed... 

Suddenly, a flash of light sparkled on the horizon of the valley, leaving a tiny dark dot in it's place. Perhaps it was a person.. Perhaps it was Steve.. Or perhaps it was even Herobrine. There was no way of telling unless you went to have a look, so you did. Quickly, you saddled Steve's horse and rode after the dot on the horizon. As you neared, the dot turned into the outline of a person, and that outline begain flailing their arms the moment they noticed you. 

"Hey- heyyy!" A feminine voice called. You were both relieved and disappointed to see this new "traveler" was a young lady around your age. 

"Hellooo!" You acknowledged her with a returning shout. When you rode up to where she way, you halted the horse and looked down at the perfectly normal looking lady. "So, how'd you end up here? Playing Minecraft before magically being sucked into it?" You tried your hand at a bad joke, which obviously didn't translate well in the lady's worried face. 

"This is not the time to joke around! Don't you know what has begun?!" She snapped that smile right off your face with her serious attitude. 

"No.. Mind filling me in?" You asked somberly, this time your mind racing through every possible bad outcome. 

"Steve has returned, and he has been wrecking havoc across the world, raising up entire armies against the royal family! He is nearly unstoppable!" She began breathing in a much shorter, sharper pattern. Your eyes waited a moment before widening. 

"Wait, Steve?! Starting a war!?" You finally asked. 

"It has been long coming, but still, it almost seems as if entire armies had just been waiting for his return, because by the time we even knew he was back, he already had the upper hand. He even poisoned Herobrine's parents with some kind of darts just before I was sent here! Your jaw didn't really know what to do in that moment, so it just quietly ground against the top layer of teeth. That Steve.. he hadn't told you anything about a war. He must have been planning it all along, with the organized rebel groups, instant army, OP poison at the ready, and who knows what else?! 

Before you could speak again, there was another flash of light nearby, and a man wearing an entire suit of beaten diamond armor struggled up to his feet, his eyes wide and his skin having seen peacefuler days. When he saw the lady standing right next to you, he limped your way, pulling out a piece of paper. 

"Miz Sandrah, you must hurry to the exit portal! Steve's forces have broken into the castle! Herobrine was forced to leave his weak parents and flee. We believe both the king and queen were killed just yesterday. I was barely able to make it back here with the news!" The man then coughed, a little blood running down his bottom lip. The lady beside you took the piece of paper with haste in her thoughts -- it was a map. Quickly, she began running for the mountains you knew held the exit portal. 

More flashes of light came, and with them came in dozens of people who looked as if they were seeking immediate shelter. Some ran further off into the meadow, others ran in the directions of trees, quickly noticing, or already knowing, that this was Minecraft. 

"Wh, what is everyone doing here?!" You began to panic, watching as a steady stream of flashing lights and people appeared all around you. 

"Steve." An older man said plainly. "He has pushed us out of our homes, simply for being loyal to our king." Others listening nodded, and then came the murmurs of their stories, pretty much all of them boiling down to, 'Steve's army pushed me into a portal!' By that point, you were angry. Many of these people were innocent children, not capable of surviving in such a harsh world as this! If Steve at all thought this works as revenge, he has clearly gone delusional! You wouldn't be able to care for everyone here, and clearly they weren't outfitted with enough to care for themselves! 

As people came, their stories began changing a little as well. Many of the new ones were prisoners of war. Some even came with knowledge that the exit portal had been rendered useless, with the other side being completely blocked off, meaning that lady would have no choice but to come back, if it even works like that! It became apparent that Herobrine was nearly fighting alone, since most of his armies had been either captured early on, or defected to the other side. Null and Entity303 had mysteriously killed, and the king and queen confirmed dead. Poor Herobrine. Whether you loved him or not, you couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. 

If only there was a way you could stop it.. Or! Maybe you want Steve to win! Perhaps his plan is better thought through than you thought. It did sure seem like he had been planning for forever! Maybe you want that kind of change.. Plus, there are LOTS of people here! Perhaps he is hoping you will take care of them, make sure they survive however long it takes him. Maybe all you really need is to bet a better idea about what is going on. Maybe you should do some more detailed looking around, and see if you can find any useful information. Then again, time is everything! If you want to find a way out, better start now! What will you do?.. 

[Find a way out and take on Steve --> "Deceived"] 

[Stay here and take care of the people here --> "Guardian"] 

(Oh.. my gosh! It has been SOOOO long since I have updated! Thankyou all for your patience! I promise this book will be finished eventually, it just.. gets kinda complicated... as you can probably imagine. Having one story branch off so much that the 20 to maybe even 30 different endings are nearly incomparable really is a fun challenge I have been enjoying, however... Anyways.. byeee!) 

{FRQ: If you were cursed with the curse to only make bad jokes, do you think your personality would change that much?}