I hear Bilbo fighting something and the company running around. I feel a vibration in the ground. Did something fall?

I hear sounds like somethings crawling and I shudder. I hear Thorin roar and charge whatever they're fighting.

"For Durin!" Someone shouts.

Well at least I know who that is now. Seeing as they tell me lots of bedtime stories. I like their singing the most.

I slowly uncover my ears and crawl out of the nook in the tree to help somewhere. As soon as the company spots me they pull me towards the middle of them.

"Kneel down and be as small as you can. Don't make a sound." Gloin pats my head. "You'll be alright kid."

I huddle like I was in the tree and cover my ears.

Suddenly everyone stops fighting. I peak my eye open and slowly uncover my ears.

The company is surrounded by gigantic people with bows.

"Do not think I would not kill you dwarf. It would be a pleasure."

I hear Kili scream. Fili looks around. "Kili!" He shouts. He tries to go to his brother but a lady person with red hair saved him.

She brings Kili and shoves him in the pile of dwarfs.

"Search them!" Someone shouts.

They start searching people but when they try to walk through the dwarves huddle around me.

"What do you have there dwarf? Is it gold?"

The company growls and tries to keep the tall people away. But it's useless. They pull the dwarfs away.

One of them gasps. "A child? What are you doing with a child of men?"

Another one narrows their eyes. "Did you steal her?"

I stand up but I only come to about waist hight on the tall red haired lady in front of me. I shake my head.

I'm getting a really weird feeling from them though. Like I'll be protected. It's a nice warm, fuzzy feeling. I want to go with them. Especially Mister Blondie. He feels safer than the rest of them.

The blond haired one raises an inquiring brow. "They did not steal you from your home?"

I shake my head no again.

The blond haired one looks at the company curiously. "Does she not talk?"

Kili looks up. "No. We found her alone in the woods near where Beorn lives."

The blond haired one kneels in front of me.

Fili looks confused. "Why are they being nice to her?"

Thorin glances at him. "It is very hard for elves to reproduce. Any children are precious to them. The last child of elven blood was born about two-thousand years ago."

Everyone gasps.

The red haired lady glares at them and they all shut up.

The blond one puts his hands on my shoulders. "Can you talk?"

I nod.

"Why don't you?"

I look down. How do I explain this without talking?

He looks over at the red haired lady and I gasp.

They whip their heads back to me in worry.

I point to his ear.

He looks relieved. "I am an elf."

Whoa. I gesture around. The elves chuckle.

"Yes they are all elves too."

I point to myself.

The blond one looks confused.

I point to him.

"Oh, I am Legolas. That's Tauriel. What is your name?"

My eyes widen. I remember my name! It's--

"Lindalea."

The elves smile. "That is a very pretty name."

I beam at them.

Legolas looks at the elves behind him.

"Tie the dwarves up so we can bring them back."

I gasp. That's English! I can speak that language. I met someone who can speak it too!!

I look up at Legolas. "I speak this language. I just didn't talk because no none else spoke it."

Tauriel gasps. "You can speak Sindirin?"

I nod. "Yup."

Legolas picks me up. "Can't have you going barefoot on this ground."

My eyebrows wrinkle in confusion. "But I've always gone barefoot."

The elves chuckle and we start walking.

I bury my face in Legolas's cloak and am soon lulled to sleep by the swaying of his footsteps.