Lindalea

I hear the company talking and I rub the sleepyness from my eyes.

I wave good morning to them. Whoa... There's giant bees! One lands on my arm and tickles me. I giggle and everyone looks at me. I raise a questioning brow and they go back to eating.

I walk into the dining room and look at Beorn. Wow! He's huge! I wonder if he'll let me have a piggy back ride.

I sit down at the table and he pours me a glass of milk. I mimick a thank you and he smiles.

"You are welcome little kitten." He rumbles.

He's nice. I like him.
I don't know why they all think Mr Beorn is so mean. He's just tall!

He talks for a moment about dwarves and stuff before he hands me a little cute mouse. I smile softly at it and pet it. So cute!!

I hug Mr Beorn goodbye and then get on my pony. I wave at him.

Gandalf says we're riding to a forest called Mirkwood. But we have to go through it instead of around it like they were planning because it's so large.

On the way I made friends with all the company though! I'm so happy!

I strain my eyes to see something. Is that...a forest? It's not very green.

Bilbo looks at the forest. "The forest feels bad...like...like it's sick."

I nod in agreement. It feels like it has evil in it. Gandalf looks over at us.

"I have to go. Be safe and always remember. Stay on the path."

Everybody starts protesting but he silences them.

"I'm sorry, but it must be done."

Everybody sighs as he rides off. I shudder. There's something wrong. But I don't know where...

Fili, who was close to me saw my shiver and hands me his coat.

I kiss him in the cheek. Everybody already knows that's how I say thank you since I can't talk in their language.

He nods. "You're welcome child."

They still don't know my name and I'm still trying to remember it. So everybody just calls me child.

We brace ourselves and start walking into the forest. I hope we get out of here soon. It's suffocating. Like, the trees themselves are dying.

We walk for a while miserably. It's so icky here. It's so sweaty too!

I bump into Bilbo.

"Why are we stopped?" Thorin asks.

"The path! It's disappeared!"

Everyone starts to talk worridly and walks around to try to find the path. Bilbo and I sit down beside some spider webs. I grimace eww! I very much dislike spiders. You leave me alone I will leave you alone. There's so much web!

Bilbo plucks a string of web. I stare at him in horror. Why would you do that?

He looks at me. "I'm sorry kid!"

I huff and pat his head in forgiveness.

I walk over to the side to find some berries. Bilbo looks around.

"I'm going to climb a tree to find the sun guys."

I give him a thumbs up but nobody else hears him. He sighs and starts climbing.

I grab a handful of berries to eat later and show to Mister Thorin. I get a bad feeling so I hide under a tree in a little nook.

I hear a few of the company shout and Bilbo scream. I cover my ears and curl in on myself further.