Introduction

Introduction

Almost 250 years ago, Andrew II, Emperor of Suprala united the planet of Vaeria under the Colton banner, establishing the planet-spanning Empire that now stands on the cusp of interstellar exploration. The past centuries have been one of growth, progress, and integration as the newly formed Holy Vaerian Empire had to unite an entire globe into one shared culture. Eventually, citizens of the Empire only knew life under the rule of the Colton Dynasty, as they had ruled with a just hand, masterfully playing the game of balance between Clergy, Noble and Assembly and were loved by the people. Since the foundation of the Holy Vaerian Empire, the populace knew no Emperor but the House of Colton. However by 2199 the last Emperor of the Colton Dynasty, Frederick VII lies on his deathbed, after a nearly 60-year reign.

His wife, Lady Lucia de Mondelá, daughter of a relatively minor baron, died in 2151, they two were thought to be made for each other. The Emperor was heartbroken after the death of his one true love and was a changed man after that. He became despondent and withdrew to the palace, leaving much of the rule to his Royal Council and his Grand Chamberlains, even the Lord Speaker of the Diet, a role with mostly ceremonial power, began to grow in influence as the enforcer of order in the Diet. Emperor Frederick VII never remarried nor did he have any children. His death will leave the throne vacant, without an heir presumptive, for the first time in over 500 years, the Holy Vaerian Empire will have to adapt to a new Non-Colton dynasty. The tale of an Empire in the Stars begins with threats at every corner, from Prafists to Councilists, so will the Holy Vaerian Empire continue to expand, as it has for the past 243 years, or will it's internal issues pull it apart and doom it to revolution and disaster?

 The tale of an Empire in the Stars begins with threats at every corner, from Prafists to Councilists, so will the Holy Vaerian Empire continue to expand, as it has for the past 243 years, or will it's internal issues pull it apart and doom it to ...

Hail to the Holy Vaerian Empire, Hail to the Colton Dynasty