Romance is Dead

They've been cutting songs on the album left and right, which was making the whole process go so much slower. Even though we lost a lot of time the tour was still supposed to happen in 2011. We were set to leave in October, which wasn't super far away anymore now that it was June. We've been recording for months but it still wasn't done, but I guess it's true when they say that you can't rush art.

Today we were going to take a few hours away from recording to have a meeting regarding the tour. I walked into the conference room, much smaller than the ones for bigger meetings. It was on the studio floor, meant for small meetings like this. Phil and I were leading the meeting, so that he could hit topics that I forgot and the guys would be used to me managing them. This was honestly the more boring part of my job but it was well worth all the fun that we would have on tour.

Soon, all the guys filed in, loudly, I might add, and took their seats. Once they were all settled, Phil started talking. He went over places they would go and basic rules, even though everyone knew what they were doing by now. This part alone took about an hour. I didn't exactly see why it was necessary but I'm sure Phil had his reasons.

"Okay guys, the next thing is tour support. You're going to be with Asking Alexandria, Memphis May Fire and Letlive. You're going in under Asking but above Memphis, got it?" Phil said and everyone nodded. 

My heart dropped when I heard AA would be there. I had no idea until now and Phil probably did that to me on purpose so that I wouldn't freak out about it. I kept listening to Phil but I couldn't stop thinking about Ben and all the awful stuff that happened with him on the last tour. Would he try something like that again? The only reason he stopped in the first place was because Oliver stepped in but he wouldn't be with me this time. I would be on my own.

The rest of the meeting when by really quickly and we were back in the studio. Winston went into the booth and start recording while I sat with Jia and Ben. They were talking about how exciting the tour was with so many good bands. Jia brought me into the conversation first. "Anne, who are you most excited to tour with?" He asked.

I took a deep breath and answered him, "Honestly, you guys. I'm not really a huge fan of Memphis but I hear they're fun and I don't know anything really about Letlive. I've already toured with Asking Alexandria and to be completely honest with you guys, I wouldn't mind never seeing them again." I didn't want to start off this tour with hate but I didn't want them thinking that I was stoked to be with them again. Maybe if they knew what happened they would help keep me away from Ben Bruce and all costs. That would at least save me a little bit of pain.

"Really? Are they that bad?" Ben asked. He was such a sweetheart and I loved him to death. He reminded me a lot of my brother Jason sometimes.

"No, they're not completely awful. They can actually be a lot of fun but I have a bit of a bad history with Ben Bruce. It would be better if I was kept away from him." I said. 

I didn't want to give the rest of the band a bad reputation because their guitarist was a fucking prick. I also didn't want to come off as a gossip girl or a slut, and talking about this would probably make me out to be at least one of those things.

"What happened with Ben?" Jia asked. 

They were practically tag teaming with questions at this point, so I decided that it would probably just be easier to sum up the whole story from the start. I wasn't sure telling them such a personal story as their manager was such a great idea, but I couldn't just keep it from them now. We were starting to become friends.

"It's really a long story, but I had a thing with Ben for a little bit, after like a date and a half with Josh Francesci. The whole story makes me look like a complete slut but I swear I'm not." I started to explain with my little disclaimer. I didn't really know where to start with the story, I'm sure they didn't care about the whole thing.