Kiss and Tell

The two days in Texas were great. Both shows were amazing but the second show topped the first one easily. There were tons more people and a hell of a lot more Bring Me the Horizon fans than any other band on the tour that came out that night. After the show we all walked out to meet fans, I was kind of just there to help take pictures and manage the slightly drunken idiots that were Bring Me the Horizon.

"Hey Anne." I heard a British, slurred voice behind me and turned to see Ben standing there. He leaned down and kissed my cheek and winked at me before walking towards the fans screaming his name so that they could get a picture. I didn't have any time to react to him at all before he walked away from me so I decided to just pretend it didn't happen. I'm sure no one saw it anyway, considering everyone was looking and talking to the guys in the bands that were wandering around the back of the venue.

I let the guys talk to the kids for a few more minutes before watching the crew load in the last few things into the trailer and yelling for them to get in so we could haul into Arizona with enough time for me to nap before the show started there. I was driving the whole way there so I wouldn't get any sleep. It didn't take more than half an hour for all of the guys to be passed out, leaving me up alone in the van.

I heard my phone buzz and I was the only car on the road so I slowed down as I opened it. The text was from Josh. I saw your kiss with ben so dont bother with another date. I prefer girls who will actually commit not fuck with my friends.

I locked my phone and put it down, speeding up again and turning up the music deciding to ignore it. I shouldn't have opened it anyway, texting and driving was bad. Josh didn't matter anyway. It didn't matter though, I had no commitment to Josh so it wasn't up to him what I did with other people, we weren't together. We went on one date, that doesn't mean anything.

"You okay?" I jumped at the sound of Lee's voice. I thought all of the guys were asleep.

"You scared the shit out of me." I said, turning the music down so I could talk to him.

"I just woke up. You seem down, what's going on?" He asked, kind of sliding forward in his seat so he could be closer to me as we talked.

I decided to trust him, and tell him what Josh said rather than listening to my better judgment that told me I should just keep it to myself and not start any problems that didn't need to be started. I kind of felt like Lee wouldn't tell anyone. I could feel a slight trust for him, and I just hoped and prayed inside my head that he wouldn't say anything to anyone and that nothing bad would happen. I didn't need rumors or bullshit that was going to interfere with me doing my job.

"Yeah, um, Josh saw Ben kiss me and kind of wants nothing to do with me now. It's not really a big deal, I'm just disappointed. He seemed like such a good guy and he's going to let something so stupid get in the way and I'm not even dating him. We went on one date, that was it. I guess that just tells me what kind of person he is." I sighed as I finished talking and looked at Lee through the rear view mirror to see his response before looking back to the road in front of me.

"In all honesty, love, you can do ten times better than him. I know plenty of guys that would kill to get the chance Josh did. He's an idiot for passing it up." he smiled at me and his little moment of kindness made me feel so much better.

"Thanks, Lee. Good to know you don't hate me." I joked, with a small laugh that shouldn't even count as a laugh.

"I don't think anyone in this van is capable of hating you, Anne." He smiled and leaned back in his chair and seemed to go back to sleep or at least try. I don't know what he was talking about because Oliver most definitely hated me, not that I was an easy person to like. I probably didn't make myself very welcoming but something about him threw me off completely.

After Lee said that, I couldn't stop thinking about Oliver. Maybe that was a sign that I did have a little crush on him regardless of how much I tried to avoid it. Is he really that bad? Would it be worth my time? Sometimes I really wish I could just read his mind and know what he was thinking. Or that someone who knew me better than myself would be able to tell me what to do, but the only person who knew me that well was my brother and that is the last person I wanted to ask about dating advice. Especially since I was interested in someone he worked with; someone that I now worked with.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard Lees' voice again, saying "I can feel you over thinking everything. Relax, Anne."

"I wish it was that easy." I replied, sighing and running a hand through my bangs that had grown immensely since the last time I did anything to my hair.

"It is; all you have to do is think about something else. Talk about something else. Tell me something that has nothing to do with him and you'll forget about it for a little while." in that moment I was beyond thankful for Lee and the fact that I knew I made a good friend on this tour.

So for the rest of the ride there, I told him random things. We shared stories and he particularly liked the embarrassing ones I had about Phil when he was a kid. It may have been a small gesture, but they were my favorite kind because they helped and meant ten times more than anything else.