Stay With Me Tonight

"ANNE, WAKE UP! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Oliver yelled, jumping directly on top of me. I groaned but followed willingly when Oliver pulled me out of bed and sat me down in my kitchen. I was even more willing to be awake when I realized that he had made me breakfast.

We sat and ate silently for a while, both of us still trying to wake up. The events of last night did keep us up for quite a while and it was pretty exhausting. But I still think it was well worth it.

"Come on, let's open presents." Oliver said when we both finished eating. I was pretty confused since he gave me my present last night but when I walked into the living room I saw a few gifts wrapped up under the tiny plastic tree that I had in my living room.

"What the hell? You gave me my present!" I said confused. I knew that I had a few more things for Oliver but I didn't think that he would have gotten anything else for me.

"I saw some other things that I thought you might like. Come on." He said, motioning for me to come sit on the floor and open presents. But before I did that I went into my closet and grab the other gifts I had for him.

"Here, I saw some things you might like, too." I said putting the gifts in front of him. We both laughed at how similarly we thought and started opening. We sat together opening gifts and kissing after every one, for a while. Then we cleaned up and got ready, knowing that everyone was coming over soon. I don't know how I got stuck hosting since they were all closer to Phil and he had an actual house that could fit more than five people.

I got dressed in black jeans that looked nicer than all my other ones and a cute, lacy, black, long sleeved shirt. I wore flats with it because it was nicer than combat boots but not as nice as my heels and today was an in between day. Just as I was finishing my make up I heard my door open and a bunch of idiots come in screaming about being merry.

I laughed at them, but they made me incredibly happy.

I walked out into the living room and was immediately crushed by all the guys in a row, one by one. It kind of hurt and I think every vertebrae in my spine cracked with each one of them, but it still brought a smile to my face. As I watched everyone exchange gifts and drink and make fun of each other I realized again that they were just a small little family. They were kind of adopting each other and when I first met them I admired that, but now I'm part of it and I never thought that I would be. I can't find a way to express how happy that makes me. 

Being adopted, I know that family is something that comes from the heart and you find the people that you love and make them your family. These guys really made me feel like I was a part of their family and with my history, that nearly brought a tear to my eye with how happy it made me.

I was woken up from my thought process when I heard Lee calling my name. I looked up and all the guys circled around me. I looked at all of them really confused and they were all smiling and looking at each other mischievously.

"So, all of us chipped in to get you one big present." Kitty said from right next to me on my left.

I still looked at them confused and Lee handed me an envelope that was kind of cardboard like material. 

I took it out of his hands and before I opened it I said, "You guys really didn't have to get me anything," and they all just ignored me and stared at me with impatient looks. 

I finally opened the envelope and took out a piece of paper. I stared at it after reading that it was a plane ticket. It was a ticket with no set date so that I could use it whenever I wanted to go to England.

"A ticket to England?" I asked, amazed.

"So you can visit us whenever you want, when we leave." Matt explained and as soon as he said it I started tearing up. 

I was actually ready to cry because I just realized that they're leaving. Pretty soon they'll be done recording and then they get to go home, back to England and I'm going to stay here. I didn't want them to leave, not right now. If it were up to me I wouldn't want them to ever leave, but knowing they had to go so soon broke my heart.

"What's wrong?" I heard Oliver's concerned voice. I felt Jordan put his arm around me from my right side.

I wiped away my tears as fast as I could. "Nothing, it's just hitting me that you guys are going home soon. You're leaving me here, you assholes." And we all laughed sadly. 

We all knew that I was right. I wasn't completely alone here. I had my family and Michael and my job. I wouldn't be by myself all the time but these guys became my family. I love all of them, hell I might even be in love with one of them and they were just going to get on a plane in about a month and go live in another country.

"That's why we got you the ticket. We got to see America with you and now you can come and see England with us. You can stay as long as you want, too. I'm sure Oli wouldn't mind you crashing at his place." Lee said.

 He was right. I could visit them and they might even come back to the US for another tour. This wasn't going to be the last time I ever saw them, it would just be the last time for a while.

"Thank you guys, so much. I'm gonna miss you so much." I said, still practically in tears. I was both sad and happy and I didn't know what to do with so many emotions at one time. 

All the guys huddled around me in a hug. I honestly think they were surprised at how emotional I was getting because they were so used to seeing me as the tough, strict manager and not the caring friend, even though I was both to them. It was the first time I ever really showed my gooey, emotional side to them.

After more hugging and crying the guys said goodbye and all left to go back to their temporary apartments in Pittsburgh. Once they were gone Oliver went to clean everything up and I went back into my room to change back into Pj's. I laid down on my bed, thinking to myself about all of the guys and what it would be like without them. My whole life changed when they came into it and I knew that it was going to change again when they left.

I watched Oliver walk back into the room and sit on the bed next to me. I put my hand on his leg but made no effort to move anything else. I knew we had to talk but it was a subject I really feared. I didn't want to think about him leaving but he was, and it was going to be soon. 

"Oliver, what happens to us when you leave?" I asked quietly, just above a whisper. It was almost like I didn't want him to hear it. Maybe I was hoping he didn't. If he didn't hear me then we wouldn't have to talk about it right now.

He took a moment to answer, "When I leave, we will talk everyday. We'll send pictures and letters. We update each other on our day, everyday. It's going to be really hard but I think we can make it work."

"I don't know, Oliver. I know that life is going to be really busy for you there, and I'm going to be busy when I'm working here. We have a time difference to worry about, too. After a while I'm afraid we wont be able to keep up." My voice wavered and I felt like I was going to cry, but this time I was going to cry. 

This wasn't about to be a few tears and getting choked up, I was going to start sobbing if I kept thinking about him leaving. I wanted us to work out so badly but it was a long shot while living in different countries.

"Anne, listen to me, we will find a way to do this if we really want to. I want this to work and I'm going to do what I can to make it. Okay?" He said trying to console me. He got closer and was now holding me and rubbing my back and I was starting to cry. He was so positive that everything would be okay and I wasn't. I didn't have as much hope as he did. I didn't really believe as much as he did that everything would work out. There was too much that could go wrong and not enough that could go right.

I knew that neither of us were really willing to leave their home. I wasn't going to move away from Pennsylvania let alone the states and I don't think Oliver wants to leave Sheffield entirely just yet. Even if one of us was willing it was still so early in the relationship that if something went wrong we were stuck. I wasn't that confident in us staying together for a big move like that.

Oliver and I didn't speak for the rest of the night. We just laid together, and I silently cried on occasion. I could feel Oliver thinking and I had a sinking feeling that we both had the same idea. 

This was never going to work.