Happy Song

I was laying in bed with Oliver after we got back to my apartment. Obviously laying here together wasn't the very first thing we did when we walked in and it was probably very early in the morning but my apartment was so dark it's not like we would notice. And now that the tour was over we didn't have a call time to leave and we didn't have to make sound check or set time. It was a strange feeling but a nice one. I never wanted to leave this spot.

"I had fun on this tour." Oliver said quietly as he ran small circles on my bare arm that was wrapped around him.

"So did I. It was...interesting." I smiled. There were a million other words that I could have used, I'm sure but I felt that interesting got the gist of it pretty well. Between the bad and the good and everything that happened from day one to the very end was nothing short of interesting.

"It feels weird that it's over." He said, never moving or speaking louder. It seemed like something was on his mind and I had a feeling it was the same thing that was on mine. England. But I didn't want to bring it up just yet.

"It does. Does it feel like this after every tour?" I asked. I knew that they were a relatively new band but this also wasn't their first tour.

"Not really. It's a different weird feeling for this one than the others." he answered. 

What made this tour so different? Was it because he was so used to going right home, to Sheffield, but this time he was stuck here and then he would have to leave all over again when they finished the album?

"Oliver, what happens when you go back?" I asked nervously. 

It wasn't something that I wanted to talk about but it was something that I knew needed to be said. We had to talk about it eventually.

"Well like you said, were only a few hours away from her-" He started but I cut him off.

"Not Pittsburgh, Oliver. I mean when you go home, to England. I would assume you plan on going home at some point. What happens when you live in a different country?" I could feel my voice breaking because I was afraid of what I didn't know. 

I didn't know that we could make it so far away from each other and I didn't know that either of us would make the sacrifice and move to another country. It was a new relationship still but I knew that by the time recording was done we would be together for awhile and then we would have a more serious decision to make. Even then, to move to another country, another continent was a hell of a lot to think about. It was a huge commitment for the both of us. Were we even ready for something like that? I've never lived anywhere but Pennsylvania, this one state in America and now I was slightly considering moving to England so that I could be with Oliver.

"Then we figure it out as we go. We make a plan before I leave if that makes you feel better but we still have a while before that so why don't we hold off on any major plans until we get there okay?" he looked at me really sincerely as we spoke and I knew he was right. We had a while and there really wasn't anything that I could do until then. Neither of us wanted to talk about it anyway.

We sat in complete silence just being with each other now that we finally had the time. But my brother seems to know when I'm enjoying myself because, of course, he was calling me.

"What may I help you with, dear brother?" I asked sarcastically so he would know it was a bad time to call. There were few occasions that Phil called during a good time of the day.

"Everyone is going out tonight to celebrate the end of the tour." He said. It sounded like he was trying to do more than one thing at a time and it also sounded like it wasn't working out so well. Knowing Phil he could be trying to do anything while talking to me, so I didn't ask what it was. I'm pretty sure whatever it was I didn't really care.

"Phil its early o'clock in the morning why are you calling me about this now?" I asked, so mad that he's doing this to me.

"First of all, it's 4:30 in the afternoon, so clearly Oliver kept you up later than I thought last night," I blushed and looked at Oliver who was silently laughing since he clearly heard it. "but that's beside the point. You know which bar were meeting at because I don't know how to go anywhere else. Meet us there at seven." He said. 

Before he hung up I heard a faint crashing sound, a small bark from his dog and him muttering something under his breath. I'm sure whatever he was trying to do ended badly. Either way, I knew we were stuck going out again tonight, and all I wanted to do was just stay in bed with Oliver and never ever move.

I threw my phone on my bed and laughed at him before telling Oliver the plan. I wished that we had more time to just sit here and do nothing but I knew that as the tour manager I would have to make an appearance. And Oliver was the lead of one of the headlining bands so he was definitely expected.

I begrudgingly got out of the bed and into the shower. Thanks to Oliver there was one less step in between to take care of, if you know what I mean. I was only in the shower for ten minutes and when I got out Oliver was asleep on my bed. It looked like he had put on pants but he was still shirtless. Not that I was complaining.

I walked over to my dresser and the open suitcase from tour right next to it. And when I looked at them I saw that there were little notes everywhere. Some were stuck to the wall or the dresser and some were laid gently on my suitcase. I turned and looked at the sleeping Oliver with a smile and went back to the notes. I had to admit I was still in awe that he did this and even more that he always managed to do it without me knowing.

One by one I picked up each note, read it and put it down on my dresser to add to my earlier collection.

7. you can stand up for yourself

8. You're incredibly talented and are going to take over the music industry before anyone knows what happened

9. you're not a spoiled bitch, but Christmas is coming up so I might have to change that.

10. I think I've seen 30 bottles of hair dye laying around in your apartment.

11. You're responsible.

12. you have a very intense love for your family

13. you're nice to pretty much everyone, even when they're being moody rockstars 

14. you have your own definition of everything. Like how you define family by love not blood.

15. I can undoubtedly trust you

I was still smiling as I got ready. I was just so happy about everything in my life at the moment. I was moving up in my career and I was in a relationship for once that I was really happy with. I was never one for relationships in general, I was too independent to want to worry about someone else but something about Oliver just changed that. 

And along with Oliver I got best friends that I could actually trust with almost anything. They were all fun and caring and there were like four of them. My whole life I've barely gone with more than just Michael and my brothers in my life but now I had actual friends. It was still crazy to me that all of this could happen so quickly but I was thankful for it.

I knew that things would change soon but I was about to go celebrate with my brother and my friends and my boyfriend and right now I don't think there's much that could take me out of this mood.