Chapter 18- Worlds Collide

"Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number, you can take my name
But you'll never have my heart" - Skyfall (Sang by Adele)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day was the day in which the team had decided to drop Chloe and Elan off in Oliver's custody back in Star City. They all, especially Sara, wished that Oliver could have stayed with them longer, but he did, after all, have his own team back at home to lead, and to be with.  

Sara woke up that morning, curled exactly into Ava, Ava's arm draped over her left shoulder. Not wanting to wake Ava, she shifted in her position as gently as she could, turning towards Ava. She didn't recall walking to bed; she must've fallen asleep against Ava as they sat silently on the steps of the Captain's office, and Ava must've taken them back to the room. 

She thought it was sweet, really how caring Ava was for her, and how considerate she was, despite everything that happened. But it was like they kept saying. They'd get through it together.  As Sara lay awake, facing Ava, and smelling the smell of Ava's lotion, she thought about all that she had to do, and begun to dread the day.

Eventually, though, the point in time in which neither Ava nor Sara could feign sleep or lie in bed any longer,  they got up, with nothing more than a light smile at one another. 

Nothing left had to be said, as the two of them walked towards the kitchen to get their breakfast meals, with Ava walking in stride with Sara, holding an arm out casually  in case Sara ever needed to hold on for balance. She understood, from their talks, as Sara did, that it was OK to hang on. 

As each of the team devoured their own breakfast- Sara with her blueberry bagel, Ava with her strawberry one, Mick with a conflicting raspberry/blueberry mix bagel, Zari with oatmeal copied from Amaya's very similar breakfast, and Constantine's- surprise- Acai bowl, and Ray and Nora's... shared breakfast- they all had the same thing on their minds. What would happen when they transferred the custody of the Chloe and Elan to their Star City counterparts. 

Normally Oliver would have breakfast with the team, although today had seem like a day he had felt that there was a sacredness to having the Legends present in the kitchen/break room. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It had taken the team nearly an hour to finish breakfast, and despite the length of it, nothing had to be said amongst the teammates. Not at that breakfast, at least. 

At around  11 am, Sara and Ava got up to go to the bridge, declaring that all of the team return to their daily tasks of maintenance on the ship, as well as their other tasks on the ship, and officially ending the silent breakfast. 

"You ready to land in Star City, Sara?" asked Zari as they all exited the kitchen. It was high time that the team moved on with all that had happened, and the arrival in Star City would be the next step towards closure. 

She hesitated before she responded, "Yes. I mean, I'm about as ready as  I can be. Having Chloe and Elan here with no real timeline to drop them off in other than the timeline that they had come from isn't doing us any good, so we might as well return them to Star City with Oliver."

Zari bobbed her head, nodding her understanding to the captain's words. 

"Alright. Gideon, when you're ready. Plot a course to Star City, 2020." 

"Right on it." 

-------------------------------------------------

Amaya knew that Mick was protective of their captain- they all did. But what she didn't anticipate was how  on par and ready he was to be at her side per request.