Chapter 13- I Need You to Come Back To Me

Sara had backed up into the wall of the room. With each step that Ava took forward, Sara took backwards until she was at the wall. She tried to take another step back, but she fell back , crying out as the shackles tore at the skin. Ava walked forward, trying to help, but Sara pushed her away. 

"Please don't come any closer. You don't know what I've done," Sara's weak voice called out, "You don't know the monster I've become."

"You are NOT a monster Sara, you are the woman I love, and you are the world. The team cares about you-"

"What team? I don't know of any team. IF there was a team- tell them I'm not worth fighting for. I don't know who you are, even."

It wasn't until then that Ava realized that Sara had absolutely no clue who she was, blame it on the fifth dimension that they were stuck in. 

Despite knowing how hard it would be, Ava knew she had to convince Sara to get out of wherever she was; whatever this dimension had done to her. 

"Sara. Look at me," Ava spoke, walking as carefully and slowly as she could to the already scared Sara, "You are NOT a monster. You are a strong leader. Do you remember Amaya, and Zari, Mick, and L-"

She cut herself off. She'd nearly mentioned Leonard Snart's name. But that would only make Sara feel worse than she already had.

Little did Ava know, Sara felt as lost as she looked. She genuinely believed that she had a demon inside of her and that that demon couldn't leave her. That was something that would stay with her the rest of her life, and she knew that. But Ava also knew she had to get Sara out before anything else happened. 

Ava reached out her hand, and Sara eyed it cautiously as Ava inched slowly closer. 

"You can trust me, dear," Ava spoke, "I love you, you beautiful soul."

Sara didn't know what to do. This could be that voice again, trying to give her false hope. But somewhere deep down in her heart, she trusted this image of Ava. She was saying things and doing things that she'd never seen or  heard the voice say or do for her.

Ava reached out her hand towards Sara, and Sara accepted it. She  very slowly, reached out, and grabbed onto  Ava. 

"I love you, you know that you goofball?" Ava pulled Sara into an affectionate hug. "We have to get you out of here, you know that?"

"You're asking a lot of  'you know that' questions, Ava." Sara said quietly, she was laughing on the inside, somewhere, but that laugh failed to reach Sara. IT was like there was some sort of block that was preventing her from being able to feel joy. And that was completely understandable.

"Come on, let's get you out of-" Ava began. She wasn't able to finish, the  air suddenly freezing around her. It was as though a glass wall had been encircled around her, preventing her from warming up the cold hands of Sara. 

She was still holding onto Sara's hands; she could feel her girlfriend's grip tightening on her own hands. Something was trying to pull her away, and Ava knew that she would fight that force with all they had. Sara was slipping away, and although Ava knew that Sara trusted her, they would have to fight this force keeping them from each other together in order to get out of here together, alive. 

It was like Constantine told her. If she left the realm without Sara, there was no chance to ever get her back. Yes. She had the panic button in which she could pull herself out. But there was no way she would leave Hell without Sara. She would live here forever with her girlfriend eve if it meant her and Sara dying in the real world.