Chapter 4- Sara's rage

The first thing the team heard was yelling. And then someone screamed, and it turned into a screaming war. The breaking of glass. A sob, a grunt. And the slam of a door. Upon hearing this, Ava made to rush out of their place behind the bush, but Amaya held onto Ava's arm.

"What?" Ava hissed at Amaya.

"If we move now, we don't know how she's going to react." Amaya said, "She's not in her right mind right now. Neither of them are."

Chloe's probably smiling her head off right now anyway. After that recording... Ava thought

After a minute or so, the team heard a scream. But it seemed to come from two different directions. One, from the house that they had just been looking on, and one from towards the mess of trees near the end of the street. Ava was almost certain that the scream that had come from the house was Chloe's, as it was laced with frustration of a possibly disappointed and failed plan. (As Ava had heard from the beginning bits of the recording before ray had turned it off). 

The team headed towards the direction of the screaming near the mess of trees, because they knew that Sara had to be there, or around that location. Ava almost nearly made the legends sprint towards the mess of trees rather than walking, worried for what they might come across when they found Sara.

When they found Sara, in the mess of trees, where they had assumed her to be, Ava silently took Sara by the arm and guided her back to the jumpship, where they returned to the Waverider. 

On their way back to the ship, the team each took turn comforting Sara. As it became Ava's turn, she planted a kiss on her girlfriend's cheek, and for the first time since all of the team's comforting, Sara turned to look at Ava in the eye.

She'd been crying hard. Ava could see it in Sara's eyes just how devastated-no wrong word- angry, frustrated, and scared she was. And she looked so defeated and betrayed. Ava knew- and knew  that Sara knew- that the team wanted to know what had gone down in the house from the arguing. But as Mick tried to open his mouth to ask Sara, Ava quickly shot him a look and shook her head. 

not yet she mouthed. She didn't think Sara was ready to talk yet.

As the team returned to the ship, Amaya and Ava went with Sara back to her room. For a while, the three of them just sat there on Sara's bed, watching Sara trying not to cry. There were obvious tears from when she'd been arguing with Chloe, but from the minute she'd seen her team, Sara had tried her best not to let out the steam that the tears stuck in her were building up. 

Ava rubbed circles around her back, and murmured soothing words to Sara, and Amaya told Sara that it was  okay to cry- that there was no shame in it; that she didn't always have to act so strong all the time.

Almost an hour later, Sara finally spoke,

"I think I need to tell you guys what happened back there." seeing Ava's face about to cut her off, "Ava, it's fine... I'm okay to tell you all what happened. You guys are my family after all."

Nodding, Amaya got up to call the team to the bridge, and left the room. Sara looked at Ava with pure gratefulness. 

"Thank you for sticking by me these past few days... I know I've kind of been a mess, with the paranoia and the panic attacks, and now this.... I hope that when and how I tell the team, everything will become much clearer, and the next steps we have to take in protecting this team."

What a true leader. Sara was always putting her team in front of everything else. It was like the team was her rock and her pure family. After Laurel and Quentin died, Sara had been so lost, not sure what she was going to do anymore. Now remembering the look in Sara's eyes when they'd been on the jumpship, although Ava was scared that Sara might backtrack back into the dark place that she had been when her sister and her father died, she now knew Sara had both her and the team to rely on, for whatever pain Chloe had caused her.