Chapter 33: Welcome Home

Alyssa's POV

We turned into the driveway. I could make out dad's silhouette from the living room window. I stepped out of the vehicle, out to the frigid air of Holmes Chapel. I rubbed my hands in attempt to fight the freezing cold. I looked back at Harry who just got out of the car.

"I just got a text from Niall, Love. Told me they checked in at a hotel with the management." He said, rubbing his nape, "I don't know about you, Love. But I'm nervous."

"You? Nervous? You're in a multinational band!" I laughed, gesturing at him to grab my hand, "Come now, we wouldn't want the Brighton parents to keep waiting."

"Just a minute," he said, smoothing down the wrinkles on his shirt then grabbed my extended hand, "Let's go kick Brighton butt!"

"Dad wouldn't like that."

He smiled nervously, kissing my forehead, "I was kidding! I'm dying to meet your parents. Literally dying." He said, whispering the last part. I chuckled, pulling him to the porch and continued to knock the door. Poor Harry was looking restless. He kept looking from his watch to the clock above the main door. When I caught him, he chuckled anxiously and managed to say, as cheekily as he can, "I was just trying to see if they're in sync. Is that so wrong?"

I fought the urge to pinch both sides of his face when we heard a shuffling of footsteps behind the door. Not seconds later, the door opened to reveal a set of excited parents. Well, mom was obviously excited. My dad, on the other hand, looked otherwise. Harry's grip around my waist tightened and I could almost feel his anxiety. Not long after, his hand fell to his side and grabbed my hand, grasping it gently but firmly. I smiled.

"This must be who the girls were talking about, Darling." Mom told Dad, who did not even move an inch. He kept looking at Harry, examining every inch of his frame.

"Mom! Dad! Welcome back!" I exclaimed, jumping to hug them, "I missed you so!"

Dad's eyes softened when he saw me. He kissed me on my cheek, "I missed you princess." Not long after that, his gaze went back to Harry. I can see the beads of sweat forming on poor Harry's forehead. I don't know if I should laugh or pity him. I gave his hand a short squeeze.

"Good evening, sir." He smiled, extending his hand. Dad looked at it at first but willingly took it and gave it a firm handshake, "It's certainly nice to meet you."

"Likewise, son." Daddy replied and for the first time in 3 minutes, he smiled. I could feel Harry's tension die down slowly. 

"I made dinner. Would you like to join us, Harry? I made an excessive amount of risotto and bread rolls, expecting Emma and Kristina to drop by but I just called them and said they would't be able to make it. What do you say?" Mom suggested, a twinkle in her eye almost urging Harry to say yes.

"Hazza! Say yes! I want you for dinner!"