Chapter 31: Trouble

Alyssa's POV

I stared at my untouched plate of supposed-to-be burrito and past the seniors noisily crowding the the cafeteria line. I don't really see the point of rushing to and from the line since 'burrito Friday' is just practically the lunch lady serving us chunky blocks of potatoes and beans wrapped in a soggy, oh so soggy tortilla wraps. It amazes me how I find myself pretending to be more bothered with the guy in front of me eating his third burrito with his friends chanting around him than to be bothered by the reality being slapped across my face. Nope, I was busy in my own world with burrito guy feeding me with soggy tortilla wraps until Emma dragged me back to reality.

She snapped her fingers at me, "Look at me when I talk to you," she grunted and looked at Kristina when she realized she couldn't catch even a blink as a reaction from me, "Look at her!"

Kristina looked at me and sighed, "You know what, Emma? I really think she's still not ready to say anything. I think it'd be best if--"

"Ha, funny," I croaked. Both of them turned their heads slowly towards me. "He's a multinational star! I was crazy to think I have him all to myself."

Two pairs of eyes stayed on me, as if encouraging me to explain further. And so I did. I described everyhing that had happened earlier morning, stammering here and there but with no hesitation, turned our whole lunch time with 30 minutes of storytelling because time couldn't permit me to have the privilege of chatting and eating my, quote and unquote, delicious burrito at the same time. I didn't miss out any important things. These are my friends, I should open up to them. I needed help on what to do anyway.

Harry's POV

I sat on the lounge of Simon's building, looking at myself in a mirror that was standing opposite to me. With my black coat and white v-neck, complete with brown khakis and penny loafers, I felt on point. I felt sharp. Fidgeting with my watch, I tried to construct my sentences I'd use for this confrontation. Everything is just bull and I can't just accept what's happening. This time, I didn't come for Simon but for one of my managers, Will Bloomfield. I talked to Paul and he told me that Will had important matters to handle in his office so I decided to pay him a little visit.

"Styles? Mr. Harry Styles?" My head darted up to meet a woman with long straight hair, balancing a telephone between her ear and her shoulder behind the reception table, "Mr. Bloomfield is expecting you in Mr. Cowell's office." 

I gave a quick smile, offered her my thanks and rushed to the elevator. As the elevator lifted itself to the floor where Simon's office is, I tapped my foot on the wooden flooring of the lift. This must be the longest elevator ride I've ever been. I felt impatient.

The bell tinged tinged and hurriedly, I stepped outside and inside his office. There I saw Bloomfield sitting on the sofa opposite to the bar against Simon's minimally designed wall.

"I've been expecting you." He glanced at me from the newspaper he was holding and lingered his glance from my head to my feet. He put this down and gestured towards the two-seater sofa in front of him, "Sit."

I brought my feet to walk the distance from the door to the leathered sofa. Since the heater of Simon's office gave enough warmth, I removed my coat and let it sit beside me.

"So? What is it that we have to talk about that you had to disturb me from my work?" He brought a cup of what I think was tea to his mouth and sipped a bit from it and placed it back onto the saucer, looking at me expectantly.

I fought the sudden urge in grabbing his tea and splashing the hot beverage on his sick face but no, I am still sane. I made sure to convince myself to behave to make this discussion short. We wouldn't want to stay longer with an ass like him. "It's about my girlfriend and Amanda. Amanda right?"