EXORDIUM

Enjoy!

DON'T FORGET TO READ THE A/N AT THE END

-

"I wish I didn't have to leave."

"I can still leave with you." A hoarse, pained voice whispered, his body tangled into the messy sheets and delicate body of the girl next to him. They were both locked up in this smothery bedroom and they both didn't want to leave. Sweat ran down their foreheads as he gently brushed his thumb along her cheekbone. Her lips curled smallish, but her smile fell immediately.

Repositioning herself, she ran a hand through her sticky hair and tried to avoid eye contact with the boy. "Don't ignore me." He ordered, his hand still on her cheek. She obligated and looked up, their eyes locking. She mentally begged him not to say it again and he understood her gaze, but couldn't help but ask again. "I don't mind, you know."

"You're not getting dragged into this mess." She murmured, her heart breaking more and more every time she dared to look at him. Young or not, what they had was real and possibly the best thing that ever happened to both of them. She wasn't ready to leave it all behind, but who was she to decide?

"I'll get dragged into any mess if that means I can be with you." He snapped back in annoyance, currently realizing that she was going to leave. For good. He won't ever see her again. All this.. everything they have.. it's going to be destroyed in just a couple of minutes. After everything they've been through, this is the end. There is no turning back anymore. A shiver ran up his spine as he felt her hand slide along his arm softly. Her fingertips were cold.

Taking a hold of her hand, he pressed a small but meaningfull kiss against her fingers. She cringed and pulled away, covering her face with her hands. The skin he had kissed was still burning. He always knew how to make her feel good, no matter what. She couldn't imagine other people making her feel good the way he did. 

"Baby.." He breathed lowly, wrapping his arms around her petite frame. She struggled at first but then let it happen and sighed deeply, leaning against his chest. Comforting her, he hugged her tighter and kissed the top of her head. Her lip started to tremble against his chest.

"I don't want to leave!" She voiced. He shushed her, pushing her away a little so he could look at her. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes closed, two tears running down her cheeks. Once he wiped away her tears, the wouldn't stop falling anymore. She was in no control--she couldn't think of a world without him. Not like this. Not at all. "We'll meet again. I know we will." He whispered, trying to make her stop.

She choked out another sob. "When we meet again--if we do--I'll be married! Do you understand? I'll be married to someone that's not you!"

He clenched his jaw and looked away from her pained face for a second. A tug pulled at the cores of his insides. Every time he saw her cry, his heart would break, but hearing her say this, knowing she was speaking the truth, hurt even more. It was inevitable.

Frowning deeply, he avoided eye contact with the girl in his arms and focused on the wall behind her so his tears wouldn't dare spill. He was the man. He couldn't cry. He was not going to break down in front of her, he was supposed to keep them together. He was not going to be a mess in front of her, hell no.

"Alex! Your brothers are here!" A voice from the other side of the room yelled, causing both of them to stiffen. He recognized his mother's voice and grasped his teeth. "One minute!" he yelled back, though it was going to take longer for sure.

"I should get up." She muttered, pushing the blankets off her body. He wanted to retain her, but he got distracted by her beautiful, bare body. This was the last time he was going to see her like this. Alluring and young, desperate for him and him only. The next time he'll see, if he does, she'll be happy with someone else.