CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

"Here's the deal," Jason gruffly mumbled, "Me? I am totally up for you wearing mini shit. It honestly warms my heart—and another part of me—to see you walking around in that little bikini of yours." He then proceeded to glower, his eyebrows knitting together. "However, I am not so keen on the rest of the fucking world seeing it."

Alexia laughed, staring at herself in the mirror. She felt like she looked better than ever, a fresh wave of confidence and tenacity hitting her. Perhaps it was Jason's presence or the fact that he had been smothering her with compliments for the past 24 hours, but either way, she felt good. The hotel's annual pool party was today and when Teo and Maya had said that they were not going, Alexia practically violated Jason into agreeing to go. She'd be lying if she said he didn't want to go at all, because she knew damn well that he would never pass the opportunity to drink and see her wear almost nothing.

Although the bikini thing was now becoming a problem. He voiced his opinion about her bikini all throughout the day when she had shown him what she was planning on wearing that night, and to Alexia it was pretty pointless.

It was a pool party. She was wearing a bikini. Parts of her were bound to be uncovered.

"Jase, it's a freaking bikini. It's not supposed to cover my thighs and my stomach and my neck. Jeez, you'd think a man would know."

Jason suppressed the urge to roll his eyes. "I know that. You do realize your ass looks enormous, right?"

"Doesn't it always..." she feigned, giggling.

He breathily laughed. "I suppose that's true, but still. While we're at it, why are your tits so fucking huge? It has never bothered me until now."

Alexia bit the insides of her cheeks, keeping herself from blushing. Harsh words didn't knock her off her feet and she was used to it as she was the type of woman to be just as blunt, yet the way he said it spread warmth throughout her body. What was this man doing to her?

"It clearly didn't bother you last night." She winked at him through the mirror. His lips immediately curled into a wide smirk, raising an eyebrow. "Or this morning." She added, and almost instantly she continued, "Or one hour ago."

"I get it, we fuck all the time. Still doesn't make up for the fact that I do not agree with your outfit." He shrugged with a smirk.

"It's not even really 'an outfit'. It's just a bikini, you don't hear me nagging about your outfit, do you?" she let out an exasperated sigh. Quite frankly it was actually bugging her that he looked so fine in his swimming trunks. It meant that, as often, she had to put up with countless women shamelessly ogling her man whilst the jealousy gnawed her inside.

Jason stood up off the bed. "I'm a guy. There is not much choice for me."

"You could wear a shirt, for starters."

"Right." He faked contemplating the idea, "To a pool party."

Alexia nodded innocently. "I doubt we'll be swimming much."

"Okay," he said. "And why do you doubt that?"

"I am planning to get drunk, and a drunk person should not be swimming. We could drown, you know."

He barked out a laugh, the type of laugh she admired so much. Jason, nevertheless, didn't realize how serious she was. It may be silly, but ever since Bumper's funeral a couple of months ago, the thing had been stuck in her head. The image of a guy speaking about his best friend on his funeral had forever been replaying in her head, and somehow she couldn't forget the story he had been telling. As irrelevant as it was.