CHAPTER FORTY

Calling it a 'head ache' would be too sparing. The splitting and piercing thunderbolts darting through his head were too painful to refer to them as just a headache. Jason groaned and re-closed his eyes, his hand flying up to grab the side of his head. Ever since he woke up he'd been having this headache and although it had gotten less after the doctors gave him something, it was still hurting the hell out of him.

He knew someone had walked in by the sounds of a foot hitting the floor, but he kept his eyes closed and put his hands back in his lap, mentally trying to push the pain away. Truth to be told—headache aside—he felt amazing. Seeing his parents and secondly his best friends was wonderful. He of course hadn't known that he missed them until he actually saw them, but it didn't matter. They were sitting right outside his room and knowing that was enough to ease his mind.

The doctors told him to not worry about anything and not think about complicated stuff. He wondered what they meant by that. Perhaps they meant the accident, in that case, he was fine. He couldn't remember it and didn't feel the need to remember it anyway—he wasn't going to plough his brains for the memory. All he cared about was recovering fast and going back to the dorms and Ryan and Chaz.

At the sound of someone sitting down and a muffled whimper, Jason opened his eyes.

She was beautiful, extraordinary. Her long, dark hair was pulled together in a quick ponytail and she wore jeans and a faded grey shirt, one which tightly hugged her curves in all the right places. He forced himself to look away from her breasts as he travelled his gaze up the tanned skin of her neck to her plump, pink lips and her adorable little nose. She was smiling widely. Her eyes were watery but still big and brown and welcoming; just like he remembered them to be. The faint scent of strawberries surrounded her and he couldn't help but whiff the air, excitement and confusion setting in his stomach.

It was her.

"Alexia?" he rasped. A dozen of emotions surged through his body but he ignored them, needing to hear her confirmation.

She was now crying soundlessly, looking up at the ceiling before she muttered, "I've missed you."

Jason nodded frantically. Yeah, he'd definitely missed her too. Carefully, he grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Was that okay? Was he allowed to do that?

Alexia smiled widely and brushed away her tears with her other hand, returning the squeeze. "I've missed you so much, Jase." Her voice trembled but she obviously tried to keep it together. Jason nodded again, "I missed you too."

And he had. As if she'd never been away, his body reacted to her presence like it never had to anyone else's. It was almost like he needed her touch, like he needed to be around her. It was weird, he hadn't felt this way in years.

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything? Should I call the doctors?" Concern crossed her face and she cautiously cupped his cheek, "Am I hurting you? Tell me if I am."

Jason closed his eyes again and shook his head, easing into the touch. His cheek burned in a good way, he didn't want her to pull her hand away.

"I've been here every day. I've prayed for you every single moment. I knew you'd wake up. I knew you could do it." She whispered, pressing a long kiss on his forehead. Jason smiled and opened his eyes, lazily looking at her. "Every day, huh? How'd you do that? It's not like LA is around the corner." How did she manage to come visit him every day if she lived in Los Angeles? Jason didn't get it.

"What? What are you talking about?" Alexia frowned, and he immediately felt the need to straighten out her eyebrows with his finger. She pulled her hand away and he quickly grabbed it. He didn't want to let her go, this was all too surreal.