Operation: Goalpost

Weaver's Pov
1 and a half months after war breaks out
Hamburg Germany
     I was crouched behind sandman and Frost watching as the blackhawks and landing craft carrying M1 abrams made their way towards the beaches until the blackhawk next to ours got hit and started spinning violently until it impacted the water and disintegrated.

The ospreys passed us as we watched one's engine explode before pitching into the water and cartwheeling as it tore itself apart

The ospreys passed us as we watched one's engine explode before pitching into the water and cartwheeling as it tore itself apart. The rest that made it dropped more personnel further up the beach as our Blackhawk Jager was heard "I'll be back to pick you up when I can but there's no promises it will be fast" before he started descending, I patted Frost's shoulder as he primed his M4. We got out and immediately pushed to the sea wall using it and the supports as cover until we got to the wide open field with Rocks as the only cover and a large amount of space between the rocks, I ducked from rock to rock firing into any Russians I could see as the Abrams made their break to get off the exposed beach, Sandman came over the radio "rhino 1 you've got a t90 left!" The gun swiveled and erupted as we turned to the T90 and watched the turret erupt skyward and land on a Russian soldier nearby, sandman quickly yelled "Move with the Tanks! Keep going!"

 We got out and immediately pushed to the sea wall using it and the supports as cover until we got to the wide open field with Rocks as the only cover and a large amount of space between the rocks, I ducked from rock to rock firing into any Russia...

I looked to my right and saw Rhino 2 passing me. I ran the 4 meters to get behind it using it as mobile cover while pressing forwards on the Russian lines, the fire got more and more focused on me and the tanks allowing the rest of the forces to move mostly unhindered and engage the Russian emplacements. Frost yelled "6 stop! Get off this beach!" I reached the middle of the Russian line and split off to the left engaging the stunned Russians in CQB popping over cover and hitting anyone who tried to move. I heard Twitch "Rally on Voodoo! He's fighting Russians!" Rhino 1 came over the radio "Deploying smoke, we're gonna need you boys to sweep the forward area. Make sure we're good to move up" I gave a short "Rog'" as Russian forces made a counter attack through the smoke. Several rangers and delta operatives were gunned down as we all traded fire after finding cover, I groaned to myself after a round impacted my cover shattering it and putting a shard in my shoulder. The miniguns of Rhino 1 and 2 shredded any Russians that came into view as I checked the road heading off the beach and turned to Sandman giving a thumbs up he radioed "Rhino, you're clear to exit the beach." Before turning to us "Were taking right flank! Move! Let's go!" As I tore over the small piece of cover I was hiding behind and moved down the street to the right firing into any accessible target as the tanks moved passed us heading down the main road.