Once they'd grabbed the notebook from a small koi fish pond, they decided to part ways and go to their respective homes. Both of them wanted time for themselves. Time for them to just let their emotions unfurl.

And so they said their goodbyes for the day. They would see each other a lot afterwards, they presumed. It's not like they had any other friends to meet up with. So Miku just started walking home.

Halfway while walking, she realized she was hungry. Earlier, she was in a bad mood, and refused to eat anything. Even C/N, who had laughed at her, felt bad about it and tried to get her to eat something by offering her a rice ball. She declined politely and just sat there the entire period.

She was hungry. But there was no food on this street. So she decided to walk back towards the shopping district a street or two away. But then she realized there was a massive amount of smoke rising from the street she was heading towards.

She broke into a run. She thought that she could maybe repay Izuku-Kun with some first-hand intel on a villain attack. That would cheer him up.

Then she saw a news headline on a flashing billboard, showing a picture of the scene just happening a few miles away. But when she saw what was happening, her breath hitched in her throat. She clenched her fist.

And she broke into a full speed run for the area that had been attacked.

When she got there, she saw exactly what the billboard had shown.

Bakugou-senpai.

He was held in the arms of this Sludge villain, that called him. And the sight alone brought tears to her eyes. Bakugou was struggling heavily against the villain, screaming and shouting.

"LET ME GO YOU BASTARD!" He yelled, his voice muffled.

But Miku could recognize those words anywhere. He said those words way too often for it not to be recognizable. And something in those words, in the emotion he put into those words seemed to shatter her heart.

Who knew that someone else's heart shattered too.

"Kacchan!"

Miku turned to see a sight that was going to cause her a lot of emotional, messy crying.

Izuku Midoriya rushed towards the Sludge villain, with tears in his eyes as he tried to go save his friend.

The shouts from the other heroes seemed to drown out as she focused on her two classmates.

One, was Izuku Midoriya. Her best friend. Her only friend. And the only person who's been there for her since Kindergarten, when she proclaimed she was quirkless, just like him.

The other, was Katsuki Bakugou. The boy whom she'd known since before she was even enrolled into Kindergarten. Her neighbor. And the boy who'd hugged her tight and wouldn't let go when she was in danger. Of course, that'd changed.

She wanted to unleash everything she had on that stupid villain. She wanted to fire hell on him. She jumped into the fray, leaping over debris as she stood closer to the monster.

She outstretched her arms, her palms facing the villain. She was going to kill him. Kill him for trying to attack her two favorite boys on the planet.

But then she realized. That Izuku had thrown his books at him to buy the other heroes time.

If she went crazy on the villain now, she'd not only expose herself to the two boys, but she might even hurt them in the process. She didn't even know if she could control anything she released.

She felt a tug on her shirt as Backdraft grabbed her and pulled her back.

"What are you doing? Firing some form of blast at the villain now would severely injure those two high school boys!" He said.

Miku was shocked, and didn't know what to say. Instead, she just replied with:

"I'm sorry for wasting your time. I... I'm quirkless. I just though I needed to save Izuku-Kun and Bakugou-senpai. But I see now that I can't." She choked out, the sadness filling her brain seemingly drowning out the words in her throat.

Backdraft looked at her.

"Don't think you're the only one who feels that way, kid. Even if you don't have a quirk, feeling the need to save people is part of being a hero. I feel useless right now too. All I can do is put out the fires that villain is using the boy to create. I feel worthless and can't do anything too. But all we can do is wait for reinforcements." He said, slightly assuring her.

Izuku was clawing at the villain with his hands, trying to free Bakugou. He was completely unsuccessful. He was quirkless, after all. There's only that much of an extent to what you can do.

But then, a savior arrived.

All everybody heard was a huge smash, and suddenly, All Might was standing, having captured the Sludge villain, and freed Bakugou.

Miku was crying in joy.

She rushed over to where Izuku was standing, and hugged him. Tight.

"You Baka! Why the hell did you just run in there?" Miku scolded.

"Miku? Since when... why are you here?" Izuku asked, hugging Miku back.

Miku quickly let go of him, before running over to where Bakugou was standing.

"Bakugou-senpai!" She yelled, rushing over to him.

He looked at her, and she enveloped him in a hug. He was shocked. He couldn't move. But he could still talk.

"What the hell are you doing, nerd?" He growled.

"I'm so happy you're safe..." she whispered, hugging him even tighter.

He scowled, swatting her arms away.

"I don't need your happiness. Just go away." He said, the slightest tint of a blush coating his cheeks. It wasn't visible due to the lighting of the scene.

She smiled. She smiled, because in her heart, she knew he would've too.

~

eyo! it's your gurl dErP being hyperactive over bnha and writing another heap of words haha hope you enjoy this episode of bakabae's fanfic uwu