Chapter 6: The Breakfast

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

-Lewis Carroll

Enzo Fiorenza's POV

Breakfast was served almost half an hour when she left me outside and announced that she'll cook breakfast for us. Here I was, sitting on the kitchen small wooden table across from her with an array of food in front of me.

"Dig in," Willow announced with a grin. I stared at the food from waffles, sunny side up egg, and bacon there was also a black coffee for me. I took my fork and start to eat the food she prepared. "What can you say about my cooking?"

"It's good," I replied, sampling everything. The eggs perfectly cook slightly runny just the way I like them, the waffles were fluffy and tasty they must be made from scratch and then the slices of bacon were a crispy perfect combination with waffles. "You're good at this."

She seem pleased by the compliment as she raised her mug for a silent toast. "Eat well. You need to be full if you want to finish renovating the corral. I don't want you to pass out in the middle of the day due to hunger."

And then, an unexpected thing happened I suddenly choke on my food as I started to cough. I could feel the food was blocking my airways.

"Are you okay?" Instantly, she was on my side tapping my back gently.

"I'm fine," I responded, still gasping for air. I drank my coffee as I tried to control my coughing.

She chuckled while still tapping my back with her palm. "Jace must be wondering where the heck you went. He hates when the cowboys leaving their unfinished work."

"It's a good thing that I am not one of his workers, then."

Willow grinned at me as she sat back from her chair. Her blue eyes gleamed with delight in their profound. "Finish your breakfast and continue to work outside since we're currently short for manpower as of now you will be a great help."

"Actually," I said after a moment, sipping my newly improved coffee. "I am thinking of putting off my work until this afternoon I want to go somewhere else after breakfast."

Curiosity fitted her face as she sat up straight in her chair and look at me questioningly. "Where do you want to go?"

"I want to borrow your truck if I may. I think if I want to know my identity I need to go back to the crash site. There must be something there to remind me who I am.

"I'll help you if you want." She offered thoughtfully. "I can drive you there if you want."

I shook my head, she's very kind to me from the start and here I was who kept thinking about kissing her senseless every time I see those lips. "You don't have to do that..."

"Nonsense. I will help you I have free time so there's nothing to worry about." She grinned at me while sampling her food also.

"Thank you," I answered, trying to ignore the temptation that's growing inside me. That's the last thing I want to take advantage of the woman who has to save me.

"Finish your food and we'll leave after that." I couldn't help but smile when she just said that as a lady boss she thought she was.

Moments later, we were heading to the place where I nearly died I don't know what to expect when I reach that place since it feels like it's only been a nightmare when I slumped under the tree thinking I was about to die that moment and then Willow found me.

"You okay?"

I glanced at Willow who insisted that she should drive the truck since I am still not hundred percent well from the accident. Here I was thinking about what to expect once we get there. "I'm fine."