Chapter 34

A/N

Hi everyone! Back with another chapter :)

Things are looking up for Zach and Selena, aren't they? Will it continue? Or are they going to hit an obstacle? Comment your predictions here before moving on to the chapter!

Happy reading :)

H x

_________________

"So, what do you want me to wear tomorrow?"

I turn to look at Zach who's sitting next to me on the sofa, eyebrows raised.

"You're asking my advice on how to dress for an event? Don't you have stylists for that sort of thing?" I joke.

He pauses a few seconds before replying, with a small smile playing on his lips. "Im going to be meeting a lot of your friends, however informal it may be, and I want to fit in with the general vibe and look good for you."

I feel myself mushing at his words. "That's cute."

Zach and I ended up having our second date only two days after the first. It was equally amazing, if not more. Being the twenty-first century woman I am, I decided to take initiative and ask him out this time, and he was definitely pleasantly surprised by it. I arranged for us to play crazy golf at this really edgy underground-style venue. Despite the fact I lost on both rounds, it was fun and a nice juxtaposition to the formality of our first dinner date. Zach definitely took full advantage of the dimmed lighting on some of the rounds too. There were several counts of him pulling me back into him and wrapping his arms around me as I tried to play, and he justified it as him 'trying to help me make a good shot.'

Sure, that's definitely the reason.

We have just casually met up a few times too, and that has consisted of either: watching TV, eating food, or just having a good laugh together. Oh, and the unavoidable make-out sessions.

It's difficult not to when he's sitting there looking so delicious.

Neither of us have stayed over at the other's place since the first date, though. As strong as the temptation has been, we both seem to have an unspoken understanding that overdoing the sleepovers too early on can be dangerous. You want the nights you do spend together to be special, for them to be a good surprise when they naturally take place, not an expectation after every date.

We are currently sat in Zach's house just chilling in his lounge. My family's summer party happening tomorrow has just come into discussion after Zach received a text from his mum reminding him to actually turn up. The boy seems to have a bad track record for attending these types of things. Although on this occasion, I doubt he would have forgotten. He confirmed he would be there as soon as he heard it was happening.

I break away from my thoughts as there is a loud crash sound from the television. We have put on a sci-fi action movie to watch, but we've just been chatting throughout the majority of it, so who knows what's actually happening in it. Zach's got one of his arms draped around me as I am leaning against him.

"So, shall we go and choose your outfit then?" I begin to get up from the sofa after asking the question, however Zach gently grabs my arm and pulls me down on to his lap. I squeal as I lose my balance and I end up landing on him in a straddle position.

His hands trail up my thighs slowly, teasingly, and up to my hips before pulling me plush against him. "I quite like this view." I feel my cheeks heat up as I realise the double entendre of his words, and what the position I'm in resembles.