Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The next three weeks fly by. I find myself swamped with modelling shoots. Summer is definitely a really busy time for modelling, with all the swimwear and beachwear ads there are to do. Not to mention being in the gym every morning and evening- it's all part of the job though.

Steve contacted me last week about starting filming soon too, we're set to start shooting at the end of next week and I couldn't be more excited. The first location is New York which means staying in a hotel for 2 weeks or so. It's going to be such a great new experience, and now that Ryan's confirmed that my schedule works it's finally sunk in that this is real. My parents are going to come to set on my first day too, I am so glad they'll be there to support me. 

Not to mention that Jess has moved in and it is the best thing ever. We have such a good best-friend dynamic that makes things so much easier, and it's no longer creepy at night either since there are two of us. With Jess there is never a dull moment.

Jess often says how she never wanted her first house from her parents being alone and I don't blame her, especially after that incident with the break in a while back. I'd never let her live alone for the first time anyway.

"Are you sure you're okay with tonight?" Jess asks me as she puts on her Nike's.

"Of course I'm okay with it! I'm so excited to have him over" I reply. Jess finishes doing up her shoes and stands up straight in front of me; she has such a big grin on her face.

"You're the best, did you know that?"

I pretend to be in thought, "You may have mentioned it a few times." She let's out a laugh before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Definitely the best ever best friend there is, he will agree too. I'll see you later," she says as she walks out the door to go to the studio.

"Love you!" I call out.

"Love you more!" And with that the door closes and she's off to get on with her day.

Yes. We may act like a couple sometimes, but are you even best friends if you don't act like lesbians sometimes? Of course not.

Alek, the guy we met at the restaurant and also Steve's son, is coming over to ours tonight for dinner. Jess and him have been hanging out a lot these past few weeks and I couldn't be more happy for her. I can still remember her restlessness as Jay and I helped her get ready for the first ever date, she was so excited. They had a romantic picnic on the beach and I swear I heard birds singing as she told me about all the effort he put into it.

Since my love life never takes off, I'm  living vicariously through my best friend and her happiness. I'm hopeful for her and Alek to blossom into something amazing, and since they've hit it off so well already it shouldn't be an issue.

I make my way upstairs to get my laptop. I went to the gym earlier and only got back and showered now. Since Alek isn't due till 6, Jess will be back by 4 and we'll make dinner then. It's only 12pm now so I can get some work done.

As I'm walking back downstairs with my laptop I hear my phone notification go off from the lounge, I then hear it again a few seconds later. I walk into the room and sit down on a sofa before reaching over to the table for my phone.

2 new messages.

I unlock my phone and find myself frozen in my spot a little as I open the first message.

Unknown, 12:02pm:
You're finally alone. She took her time.

My blood runs cold as I read over the message again, and then another time. I quickly spin around on the sofa in paranoia. There's nobody there though, obviously.