Chapter 2

"Dagur."

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my favorite enemy," Dagur smiled evilly. Hiccup gripped his fire sword hard and Astrid did the same with her axe. Hiccup sent a glare at Dagur.

"Leave Berk, Dagur. Leave and we won't hurt you. We only want peace," Hiccup said softly. Dagur just laughed and laughed. "We just want peace idiot!" Tuffnut yelled. Everyone sent a glare at Tuff.

"Way to go, idiot," Ruff said to her twin. "No, you're the idiot, idiot!" Tuff retorted. Astrid facepalmed as she grabbed both their ears and told them to shut up.

"I don't want peace, Hiccup. I want war," Dagur growled and moved closer to Hiccup. "And why is that?" Hiccup inquired, getting ready to defend himself if Dagur would strike.

"Revenge. Charge!"

And with those words, hell broke loose. Everyone fought while the dragons helped to protect the people. It was a deadly battle.

Hiccup and Dagur had their swords clashing into each other, left, right, left, right. Hiccup quickly dodged the blow Dagur sent to his head and missed trying to cut Dagur's leg. Hiccup was too busy with Dagur, he didn't notice they were moving closer and closer to Astrid, who was throwing her axe into every enemy that came her way. When they were near her, Dagur faked a stab at Hiccup and Hiccup fell back. He widened his eyes when Dagur threw his sword at Astrid instead.

"No, Astrid!" He yelled as the sword went spinning toward her head. He quickly got up, but was knocked down by Dagur. "So you do care about her," Dagur smiled wickedly as the sword hit Astrid.

Hiccup's eyes widened as he watched his love fall to the ground, lifeless. Fury rushed through his veins and he growled fiercely. "You crazy madman!" Hiccup yelled at Dagur and stood up. He delivered a quick blow at Dagur's jaw and while Dagur winced in pain, Hiccup took the chance to burn Dagur's foot just a little with his fire sword.

"Retreat!" Dagur yelled, limping toward the boats his army came to the island with, "Retreat!" All men ran to the boats as Dagur glared at Hiccup, "I will return."

As they sailed away, Hiccup ran over to his fiance. "Astrid, Astrid, no, don't leave," he cried as he shook her lifeless body.

Valka smiled softly at her son, "She will be okay, Hiccup. She will be okay. The hilt of the sword was the one that hit her head. She'll be up and fighting in no time."

"But I have to send her away," Hiccup proclaimed, carrying her bridal style over to Stormfly. The gang and Valka ran over to him. "Why Hiccup?" Fishlegs asked. Hiccup sighed and placed Astrid in a comfortable position on Stormfly.

"Because, I have to keep her safe. Dagur knows she is my weakness, and he will hurt her," Hiccup said. "When she wakes up? She'll be flying back to Berk! She's seen your map you know," Ruffnut said.

"That's why I'm letting Stormfly take her far, far away from here. Hopefully to an island I haven't mapped yet," Hiccup said.

"Okay," Valka said and they walked away. Hiccup sighed as he placed a soft kiss on Astrid's forehead and lips. Then he took a pendant from his pocket. It had an outline of him and Astrid, and inside, he carved: Together until the end of forever. He placed it around her neck. "I'll miss you, my divine beauty," he said stroking her golden hair. He then whistled for Toothless. The Night Fury came bounding up to him in no time.

"Both of you, send her away from here, and make sure she doesn't come back until I find you, okay?" Hiccup told them. They hesitated for a moment, then flew away. Hiccup looked at them as they disappeared into the sky. "Be safe," he whispered.

***

Okay, so that's the second chapter! Shoutout to:

@-Scarecrow-

httydwowiknow

And

xxwhoareyouoo

For voting and commenting! :)

God Bless! ~ FYIris109