Part 23: Back to the world of dreams

After Chandelure excitedly eats the Oran Berries and settles herself on the ceiling, You find your way to one of the beds and lay down there.

"Hey, Y/N?" N asks. You can barely make him out on the bed across the room, softly illuminated by Chandelure's glow.

"What is it?"

"I've been thinking about this a lot. What if...what if people and Pokémon were never supposed to be together in the first place?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well...what if the only way to keep Pokémon safe is to draw a line between them and humans?"

"But how would you be able to separate every Pokémon from their trainer?"

"Hm... I bet if I had the power of Reshiram- No... this isn't right."

You hear him roll over, now facing away from you.

"I... I just don't know. Um, goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, N."

You recognize this place. It's the same as your other dreams, but this time, you definitely know it better. This is the top of Dragonspiral Tower.

Zekrom stands there, towering way above you.

You have to crane your neck all the way back to look at his face. You open your mouth to speak, but he interrupts you.

"It is happening."

"What is?"

"You heard the questions the King has been asking. He wishes to separate people and Pokémon."

"Will that fix things?"

"That is what he is trying to figure out. The fool does not understand what the consequences of his actions will be."

"Consequences?"

"Yes, child. Unova will be thrown into chaos. Wars will start. As for Zoroark and Chandelure, they play an important role in this story as well."

You feel Chandelure's presence behind you. You turn around and see she is just floating there, still asleep.

"Why did you tell us to leave earlier? When we were here in real life?"

"It is not the time."

"When is the time?"

"I cannot say, child. I want you to have this."

A small black ball floats down from the sky into your hands. It resembles the Dark Stone.

"Do not tell the King you have this. You'll need to use it one day soon at Dragonspiral Tower."

"But...N and I promised to tell each other everything."

"Does it look like I care?"

Ouch.

"Just keep it a secret for now."

The sun begins to pierce through the clouds above you.

"Morning rises, it is soon time for you to wake up."

"Already?"

He doesn't answer.

You wake up, and N is still asleep. Strange, since he has always been awake before you in the past.

You feel a cold object clenched in your hand.

It's the Dark Stone.

You quickly put it away somewhere (in your pocket, in your bra if applicable, doesn't matter) and check the time.

It's around 7:30 in the morning, which makes sense why N is still asleep. He'll probably be awake by 8:00.

N stirs, getting your attention.

"Re...shiram... What... What should I do?"

Alarm shoots through you. 

What if he's been having similar dreams to you? 

What if you've been talking in your sleep too? Then, you wonder if he'll wake up with the Light Stone.

You slowly swing your legs off the edge of the bed and tiptoe over to him.

He's sprawled across his bed, the thin blanket tangled around his legs. Strands of green hair have fallen into his face, and you feel the urge to brush them aside.

"He's always been a restless sleeper," Zoroark whispers, making you jump a little. "His sisters used to hold his hands while he slept in order to keep him from moving around so much. You saw a few nights ago, he did that for you."

You nod in response.

You notice N's shirt has ridden up a bit, revealing bandages wrapped around his waist.

"What is that?" you whisper.

Zoroark makes a 'tch' sound before answering the question. "His burns. He's got more on his chest and back, as well as scars from the less recent ones. The Goddesses have treated them, but that doesn't fix the problem."

You let out a soft breath.

"Look, I don't really care why you're over here, but you'd better be careful, cuz he's gonna wake up soon."

You tilt your head to the side.

"7:45, everyday. That's how it was for him at HQ. Even now, he can't sleep in if he tried."

You wonder just how much living with Team Plasma has affected N.

A/N: Hi. It's me. Wow, another short chapter. But I gave you fanservice (kinda?) so I'm safe. SO, I made a big dumb. So you know in the story, the Black and White Orbs? I found out upon replaying Pokémon white further that aPPARENTLY they're actually called the Dark Stone and the Light Stone respectively. I apologize for this mistake, however I will not be correcting myself throughout the story, just to avoid potential confusion.

A/N 2.0: As of me writing this right this second, this story has 402 reads and 41 votes, and it is also in 809th place for the tag Pokémon. I would just like to say thank you all so much! I didn't think this story would progress this much, and it isn't even done. I'll keep trying to make this story as good as I possibly can, so please bear with me!

A/N 2: nope i fixed the dark stone light stone thing